::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 degrees right now I'm told. But that's as warm as it's getting for the next 48 hours.

Dear Mr. Yoshida,

My son came home and said you had called the entire class a derogatory name and understandably I was upset with you. But I’ve talked with you and I’ve worked with you on a fundraiser in the past so I started asking him more questions and eventually got the entire story.

Thank you. My husband and I both come from impoverished conditions and wanted to spare our children from the life we lived. Unfortunately it seems lessons on empathy and community were spared as well. Our entire family is spending Thanksgiving morning at the Sunnyvale Community center helping in any way we can and then both my kids will be cleaning out their closets and volunteering some time at the close closet over the winter break. Thank you for opening my eyes to the fact that I was raising a callous asshole.

Best regards,

I really, really dislike LAX.

If I have to fly in to there I might as well drive.

Yeah, I’ll pick up anyone from any of the other airports but if your flying into LAX get an Uber.

Some parents do get it Gary. I’m glad she took the time to write to you.

. . . and I would totally understand.

And we have several airports to choose from. Orange County and Long Beach are both pain free and only a 15-20 minute drive. If peeps call me when their wheels touch down I can be at either location by the time they retrieve their bags. No one waits long and I never have to park.

Anyone make kalua pork in the crockpot?

It looks so straightforward and easy I'm thinking there must be something else that isn't in any of the recipes.

Some parents do get it Gary. I’m glad she took the time to write to you.

I like to believe that.

I guess that's why I get so upset when I'm proved wrong. There's a scene in the movie Wonder that really pissed me off because I see that type of behavior at this school sometimes.

It looks so straightforward and easy I'm thinking there must be something else that isn't in any of the recipes.

Jon does...but mines better. It was voted on in The Great Kalua Pork Cook Off at UWC 2011.

Seriously, we had a luau at Strawberry Fields.

And we have several airports to choose from. Orange County and Long Beach are both pain free and only a 15-20 minute drive. If peeps call me when their wheels touch down I can be at either location by the time they retrieve their bags. No one waits long and I never have to park.

I think John Wayne (Orange County right?) is my favorite.

Jon does...but mines better. It was voted on in The Great Kalua Pork Cook Off at UWC 2011.

Seriously, we had a luau at Strawberry Fields.

I just watched a YouTube video. They used probably three times the amount of salt that I would have if I didn't watch the video.

I remember seeing Roman Candles, I think they’re called, For the first time at that party (maybe it was the next year?) Mim was holding one shooting balls of fire across the yard.

That blew my mind. I’ve never seen anything like that here in CA or even in Mexico when I was a kid.

I remember seeing Roman Candles, I think they’re called, For the first time at that party (maybe it was the next year?) Mim was holding one shooting balls of fire across the yard.

That blew my mind. I’ve never seen anything like that here in CA or even in Mexico when I was a kid.

My grandfather sold illegal fireworks out of his barbershop and stored them at my parent's house. My cousins and I used to have Roman candle fights. We used garbage can lids for shields.

some days I'm really surprised I made it out of childhood.

I just watched a YouTube video. They used probably three times the amount of salt that I would have if I didn't watch the video.

Salt and smoke is all they usually use. I think I added something else, damn it’s been years and I can’t remember. Maybe a touch of brown sugar.

I like it better in the oven. You can crank it up and get the crust all crunchy. I remember wrapping it very tightly in heavy foil.

Salt and smoke is all they usually use. I think I added something else, damn it’s been years and I can’t remember. Maybe a touch of brown sugar.

I like it better in the oven. You can crank it up and get the crust all crunchy. I remember wrapping it very tightly in heavy foil.

eventually I'll do one with banana leaves in my smoker

I think John Wayne (Orange County right?) is my favorite.

Yeah, I still call it Orange County. He may have lived here but that doesn’t mean they get to rename my airport after him...at least in my mind.

Dear Mr. Yoshida,

My son came home and said you had called the entire class a derogatory name and understandably I was upset with you. But I’ve talked with you and I’ve worked with you on a fundraiser in the past so I started asking him more questions and eventually got the entire story.

Thank you. My husband and I both come from impoverished conditions and wanted to spare our children from the life we lived. Unfortunately it seems lessons on empathy and community were spared as well. Our entire family is spending Thanksgiving morning at the Sunnyvale Community center helping in any way we can and then both my kids will be cleaning out their closets and volunteering some time at the close closet over the winter break. Thank you for opening my eyes to the fact that I was raising a callous asshole.

Best regards,

Victory!

If you get through to only one, you have been a success. This makes me so happy.

Yes, many times. Pork, coarse salt, a dab of liquid smoke. That's all it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom