::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think a photo book of my kid would be an okay present for my grandparents?

I'm running out of things to buy them and they're getting up there in years (94&89) so tech stuff is out.

Honestly we do one at least once a year for bday or Xmas or something

Off to paint the banquette. I dry fitted the sides and top. It looks good. Tomorrow I will second coat it and then I can finish it off with some bling stuff but at least we could use it minus he top cushion as well I got to upholster that.

That must have been brutal getting there so early, but also much much easier than normal. Is there still a ton of construction going on?

I have to fly out of there in July and I'm already whining about it.

Yeah it was not too bad. Did not notice more than normal amounts of construction for LAX. The guy was hanging snowflakes on the giant L A X letters this morning!

If the glass shop had have quoted $25 or $30 they would have gotten the job. $70 is 20% the cost of a new windshield, installed.

I had a small crack appear in my Dakota's windshield just a day or two prior to shipping it to HI. One of the "rules" is no cracked windshield. I had a repair done professionally, don't remember what I paid but the crack never got bigger for the next six years, though it was still visible.

Has anyone done a windshield repair of a chip/crack?
I found one on my van.
I went by the local Glass Doctor and they wanted $70 to perform the repair. On the way home I stopped at the Auto Zone and they wanted $17 for the Permatex repair kit. I got home and went on Amazon and the Permatex kit is less than $9. So I ordered one from Amazon. The damaged area, at this time, is the size of the end diameter of a pencil eraser.

The windshield on my truck has a crack that runs up the driver's side, across the top and down the passenger side, no worries!

Got the banquette primed today I will paint then assemble tomorrow. I also order some high density poly foam for the cushion. So once thats in I can assemble the top quite fast as well. Also need to look at some decorative molding for it. Gotta return a tv wall mount. It's on BF sale friday. I can save $20 so why not.

My eight year old self was going to be a rock star and this is the song I would sing over and over around the house playing my little plastic "electric" guitar.

My family says I'm really fortunate cell phones weren't around back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom