::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thoughts for your mom.

My Shirley has not been doing great. Hip area pain when moving about. Walking with a cane. Can't get comfortable for sleeping. Spends a lot of time sitting. When she finds a good position she wants to stay there. Believe it or not riding in the car is not to bad. Getting in and out of the car is usually the hard part.

Has she been evaluated for a replacement? My mom's surgeon said people usually wait a lot longer than they should.

Well that's a relief.

I fell asleep at 8:00pm last night. I think it was because my morning was kinda stressful.

One of my sophomores came 45 minutes early and poked their head in my class to make sure I was okay :)

Their class is the one the monitor kept going off.

I read a bit of the thread while we were in New Jersey, but didn't have my login info.

So, for non FB folks, I have a grandson now. He is perfect. If you are so inclined, there is a gallery here: http://www.bellababyphotography.com/galleries/jmci0514cqgvpwk?as=slideshow

We're home now. Hubby is hot to sell the house and get closer to that baby. With his daughter's legal situation in limbo for a few more months, we wouldn't list our house til July. Ideally she will be able to take her dogs back this fall, as I don't know many decent places that will accept three dogs and a cat. But if we can get down to just Hugo and Effie we can move easily.

So... sell the house, rent a place, wait for a good job transfer to come up, take it and rent again until retirement.

Unlikely we'd wind up in NJ, but we'd like to be no more than 3 hours or so from the baby so that seeing him on weekends is feasible.

I like thinking of funny things to say, or quoting movie lines.

Once, at the end, I patted his bum and said "that'll do, pig".

He is probably still mad about that one.

I use "That'll do, pig" sometimes, though probably not in the same situation you describe.

True. In my family there's only one French dude. We're the classic Mayflower colonizers.

So are we - at least that we've been able to figure so far on my dad's side. Our Mayflower connection is to Francis Eaton, the ship's carpenter (who decided to join the Plymouth colonizers rather than return to England with the ship).

Has she been evaluated for a replacement? My mom's surgeon said people usually wait a lot longer than they should.

My dad waited, but that was because he knew they would have to replace it after so many years. He only wanted the surgery once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom