::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out at the pool we met a teacher from San Jose. I may have told him I have a friend that teaches at Homestead. Since I didn't name names I don't think it's name dropping. Right?

Our temps are high 70's low 80's and gorgeous right now and they went to MN?

What school did they teach at?

Today we prayed for a beach day and Père's invisible friend delivered in spades.
Going to Turtle Bay for dinner.
Boat captian BIL's wife brought over the ukulele she got for her bday last year so I could tune it for her, it is a nice tenor made by a local luthier in Haleiwa.
Nice koa, great sound.
Just a great day today.

Our boys won the Championship today.

So exciting.

The other teams coach was swearing at his kids and he actually shoved one kid and yelled "PLAY SOME ****ING DEFENSE!" I told the parents of a kid on that team who were seated next to me if he were talking to my son and shoved him like that he'd be leaving the gym in a body bag. They're in elementary school! WTF?!

Other than that ugliness, it was a close game for 2 1/2 quarters. Our boys were all business. They didn't get down when the other team surged ahead and they weren't cocky or anything when they came back and took the lead. You couldn't tell if they were winning or losing they were just concentrating on execution. Our boys have no attitude and I think because of this, they are a joy to watch. This was our first tournament and I don't think the others will be as easy. At the championship game I saw a lot of coaches from other organizations watching our game. Word gets out fast in this league.

I was just lying on my back on the grassy area fronting the beach, looked up and saw the half moon, just lovely.
2o0SkSP.jpg

So exciting.

The other teams coach was swearing at his kids and he actually shoved one kid and yelled "PLAY SOME ****ING DEFENSE!" I told the parents of a kid on that team who were seated next to me if he were talking to my son and shoved him like that he'd be leaving the gym in a body bag. They're in elementary school! WTF?!

Other than that ugliness, it was a close game for 2 1/2 quarters. Our boys were all business. They didn't get down when the other team surged ahead and they weren't cocky or anything when they came back and took the lead. You couldn't tell if they were winning or losing they were just concentrating on execution. Our boys have no attitude and I think because of this, they are a joy to watch. This was our first tournament and I don't think the others will be as easy. At the championship game I saw a lot of coaches from other organizations watching our game. Word gets out fast in this league.

Somebody should report that other coach. He has no business behaving like that with anyone, let alone with elementary school kids. Asshat....

Somebody should report that other coach. He has no business behaving like that with anyone, let alone with elementary school kids. Asshat....

The ref told him if he heard him verbally abusing his team again he'd get a technical foul.

The parents I was sitting next to were pretty pissed at the coach. Apparently their organization hires coaches and I think after this tournament, this guy is done.

Today we prayed for a beach day and Père's invisible friend delivered in spades.
Going to Turtle Bay for dinner.
Boat captian BIL's wife brought over the ukulele she got for her bday last year so I could tune it for her, it is a nice tenor made by a local luthier in Haleiwa.
Nice koa, great sound.
Just a great day today.

Glad my pal could help.

So exciting.

What is it, Bobby Knight League?

So we got a 2-bedroom unit on North Shore. We paid for it and invited BIL and Nanilei's sister to stay with us, and they did.
Today they said they wanted to stay and are paying for the next two nights.
North Shore vacation extended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom