::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, remember me? ;)

I'm still 4500 posts behind, with no catching up in the near future. WiFi here is such that it takes two to three minutes to load a new page, and I just don't have the patience.

We're having lots of fun, and staying very busy. I hope everyone else is well, too.

Eventually I'll get all caught up again....

Hello! Nice to see you here!
I was gone too long for a proper catch up .

In my previous life:

attachment.php

I expect that stuff from YOU.

you know I found out the Dallas Banjo Band meets about 20 mins from my apartment. :D

Up until you said that I was thinking Plano was in West Texas. Just looked it up on the map - you learn something new every day, even when you're a smartass like me!

I still have 2 5-strings, but I rarely play and my skills are pretty rusty. I've spread myself too thin musically, I fear.

I go back and forth with this dilemma.
Part of me says pick one instrument and get really good at it, but then I see folks here that seamlessly switch from guitar to ukulele to bass to steel to accordion to piano (no I am not exaggerating) and I think that learning any musical instrument will strengthen your musical knowledge and thus be positive to all instruments.
I really want to be able to play guitar, bass, ukulele,
and steel. I think I would be happy with just those.
And I mean play them, like at least as well as I play ukulele now. I can already fake it on guitar and bass, I want more.

Husband is out of town for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to do a large scale decluttering. It's also the last two weeks of the term, so that workload should pick up.

A couple of this week's discussion questions:

Adults are often interested in developing a loving relationship with a life-long partner. How do situational and personality factors influence interpersonal relationships? What role does attractiveness play? What is the role of attributional style in interpersonal relationships?

Peer relationships are extremely important throughout life. But not all relationships are positive. With that in mind, what is the nature of bullying when it comes to children? How can we work to overcome bullying?

I took all three dogs out today, in turn, to run the same drills. It really reinforces 1) how well Hugo is doing and 2) how untrained my stepdaughter's dogs are. I'm going to try to work more with each of them, even though it is very tiring.

On the one hand, I'm glad Hugo has pals to play with. On the other hand, I didn't exactly sign up for three dogs. I hope she can get her crap together soon.

We offered the cabin for them to live in after her legal situation is resolved... get them out of Jersey, fresh start, etc. We'll see how that plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom