::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a lot of companies severing ties with the NRA after the Florida school shooting, so it’s growing. I’m not for an all out ban, but I like to see some regulation in place. I know it’s not the solution in of itself, but it’s one area of many I like to see addressed.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what is involved in boycotting the NRA? What do companies buy from the NRA? Seriously, I keep seeing this, but don't know how this is hurting the NRA.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what is involved in boycotting the NRA? What do companies buy from the NRA? Seriously, I keep seeing this, but don't know how this is hurting the NRA.

There are partnerships in place giving discounts to NRA members. Insurance, banking, retail, health club memeberships, etc. Some of the companies are discontinuing their special NRA membership discounts. The boycott is putting pressure on more companies to do so.

Last edited:
::sigh::

There is a beautiful spread of Korean food for the teachers today that I can't have because stupid cottage cheese has 918mg of salt per serving. Who knew?

Most of what's happening is the companies that have had special discount deals for NRA members are canceling those programs. Rental car discounts, hotel discounts, airfare, etc - so it's hitting the NRA membership, not the organization itself.

Most of what's happening is the companies that have had special discount deals for NRA members are canceling those programs. Rental car discounts, hotel discounts, airfare, etc - so it's hitting the NRA membership, not the organization itself.

The Omaha Bank Visa card does hit them in the wallet. They got a kick back on purchases made by members using their cards.

Man this is hard.

I've only eaten 819 calories combined for breakfast and lunch but I've pretty much used up my salt allowance for the day.

My dinner is going to have to be a medium sized baked potato. With butter it's only 50mg of salt

:(

It's getting much better. It doesn't hurt all the time -- my hand, not my thumb. My thumb doesn't hurt.

Glad to hear that there is progress and less pain. I will get to see you at UWC...right? A year without Suki is just too doggone long.

Their membership is huge.

The NRA usually says they have 5,000,000 members or so. That's a big group, for sure, but by far not the biggest interest group out there. AARP has 37.8 million members, for instance. The challenge, of course, is that the NRA is a single-issue group where many others focus on multiple issues that affect their membership, so the NRA's lobbying and advertising dollars are much more focused.

The NRA usually says they have 5,000,000 members or so. That's a big group, for sure, but by far not the biggest interest group out there. AARP has 37.8 million members, for instance. The challenge, of course, is that the NRA is a single-issue group where many others focus on multiple issues that affect their membership, so the NRA's lobbying and advertising dollars are much more focused.

I'm thinking about joining AARP for some deals on insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom