::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never played anything off book. I know that sounds ridiculous. I can follow along with someone else if I can see their left hand or if it's a 3 or 4 chord progression but if I'm playing alone I freeze up without paper in front of me. Even songs I've written throw me.

My boss plays uke. Yesterday while cleaning the school I was in her office and I picked up her uke. I played and sang thru an entire song. It was a simple 3 chord song that I wrote, (tent lobster) but I remembered the chords and words....that's never happened before in 8 years of playing.

Blocked her or flat out unfriended her?

My friend Billy Bob (real name; we usually just call him Bill) refuses to visit his relatives in S, Carolina because he has gotten into fistfights with his cousins because of their views on religion, race, sexuality etc. He was raised out here and has very opposing views from his family. I think he said it's the reason his dad moved away in the first place.

I didn't know just blocking her was an option, but I don't regret unfriending her and I pretty much anticipated it. Exact same s** that I am subjected to on Holidays, stupid Obama jokes, why? because he's black of course.

I didn't know just blocking her was an option, but I don't regret unfriending her and I pretty much anticipated it. Exact same s** that I am subjected to on Holidays, stupid Obama jokes, why? because he's black of course.

Mike I don't blame you. Ignorance can not be tolerated not even from blood.

I have never played anything off book. I know that sounds ridiculous. I can follow along with someone else if I can see their left hand or if it's a 3 or 4 chord progression but if I'm playing alone I freeze up without paper in front of me. Even songs I've written throw me.

My boss plays uke. Yesterday while cleaning the school I was in her office and I picked up her uke. I played and sang thru an entire song. It was a simple 3 chord song that I wrote, (tent lobster) but I remembered the chords and words....that's never happened before in 8 years of playing.

:music::nana: Yay Sally!!!

Don't say that it's not good enough
for anyone else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.

Forgot my lunch again.

I have Pad Thai noodles, spam, tuna and canned corned beef in my room.

This could get scary.

A little birdie told me that it's Carrot Boy's birthday.

Happy birthday Jon!!!

Aside from Sukie, does anyone still play as much as they used to?

Just curious.

Life keeps getting in the way but I want to make time for it again.

Yes-ish.

Trying to improve makes it harder and my noob-seal has worn off. Trying to balance the several things I want to do in my spare time, plus parenting & household duties means that I'm not as regular in my playing. I make up for it in longer sessions.

First soccer game last night, Matt's team lost 5-0, looks like it's going to be a long season. They lost about a dozen seniors last year, only two seniors on the team this year and only 16 players total.

I have a pretty decent singing voice. I started choir singing in 4th grade. That just sucked me deeper into church until I got ordained. Now I chant every Sunday and most times it's pretty good. There is a crazy cool chant called the Exsultet we sing for the first Eucharist of Easter that I really love. The ability to sing well is not something they filter for in ordination, surprisingly.

First soccer game last night, Matt's team lost 5-0, looks like it's going to be a long season. They lost about a dozen seniors last year, only two seniors on the team this year and only 16 players total.

My girl's golf team SUCKS at golf.

But they are a great bunch of girls and I'd trade that for a championship any day.

We kind of finalized it so I guess I can let you know that I'll be taking lessons from Kyle Furusho.

Student #1 so he's got his work cut out for him.

(mostly trying to give him a little cash; just moved up here to be near his girlfriend and it's shockingly expensive)

We kind of finalized it so I guess I can let you know that I'll be taking lessons from Kyle Furusho.

Student #1 so he's got his work cut out for him.

(mostly trying to give him a little cash; just moved up here to be near his girlfriend and it's shockingly expensive)

Hey

I'll be getting second hand Aldrine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom