::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Nanilei.
Tonight after I got home I went to the store for rice krispies, marshmallows, and heavy cream so I could make treats for Canoe Hut tomorrow. Then when I got home from that I put in a load of laundry, heated up dinner,
had a video chat with Nani while I ate, washed dishes,
then made the salted caramel rice Krispies treats, washed those dishes, folded the clothes, PHEW!
I am exhausted, and it is only 9:30.

We are not happy with the SNiFf.
I think Nani is going to try and bring mom home tomorrow.
I told her to call her doctors and say, "If this is the level of care she will receive here then we want her home where we can care for her properly."
She was not given her meds "still waiting for them..."
They came.in and told her that dinner would be at 5pm,
grilled cheese sandwich, French fries, and...
Nanilei says "WHAT!?!?!!?!? She is on a cardiac diet, she can't have those things!"
She is just stressed out.
Poor thing.
I wish I could give her a hug.

I hope things go better soon. It sounds like the major things went well. So that is good.

It seems the stuff we don't think are going to be a problem are the biggest PITA. Or at least it feels that way.
The devil is in the details?

That sucks about the nursing facility, Damon. But, this is exactly why you and Nanilei are suffering through being apart.

She's there, actively advocating for her mom, and looking out for her best interests. She's the watchdog, the inspector, and the protector. This is what she went there to do, and she's obviously doing a great job at it.

It's a horrible, stressful job to take on, but we do it for the ones we love. Your MIL is lucky to have her there....

1) Owner's Manual is available online. Don't even have to get out of your chair.

or:

2) Call the dealer.

I'm still thinking it must be a problem with the phone, itself, since it exhibits the same problem in two different vehicles and with my hearing aids. The phone is the common denominator....

My wife put together a great Halloween package to send to the grand-girls, who are 14 and 11 (I think). It contains two boxes of cake mix, cupcake cups, white and green frostings, tubes of green and black icing, green and black and white sprinkles, candy corn and licorice strings for decorating, and some Halloween cake decorating kits.

That oughta keep them busy for a while, and get some creative juices flowing....

I’ve got to go visit the Honda dealer. My new phone isn’t working with it completely. I can receive calls through it but I can’t make outgoing calls on the buttons on the steering wheel.

Do you have to plug in?

I remember on some models you have to physically plug in with a cable to make calls but it will receive calls through blue tooth. So fancy these days.

Mine is weird. I have to plug in to use my map but that's about it, only the map.

I miss Nanilei.
Tonight after I got home I went to the store for rice krispies, marshmallows, and heavy cream so I could make treats for Canoe Hut tomorrow. Then when I got home from that I put in a load of laundry, heated up dinner,
had a video chat with Nani while I ate, washed dishes,
then made the salted caramel rice Krispies treats, washed those dishes, folded the clothes, PHEW!
I am exhausted, and it is only 9:30.

We are not happy with the SNiFf.
I think Nani is going to try and bring mom home tomorrow.
I told her to call her doctors and say, "If this is the level of care she will receive here then we want her home where we can care for her properly."
She was not given her meds "still waiting for them..."
They came.in and told her that dinner would be at 5pm,
grilled cheese sandwich, French fries, and...
Nanilei says "WHAT!?!?!!?!? She is on a cardiac diet, she can't have those things!"
She is just stressed out.
Poor thing.
I wish I could give her a hug.

Tanya could give much better care with less stress. Well she wouldn't have to worry if they were doing things right anyhow. I think it's a good plan.

Rain!!

We got a little bit of rain over night. We need some heavy rain now to put out some fires. The one near where I grew up in the Los Gatos hills is still only 8% contained. It's in a heavily forested canyon so as long as it doesn't jump to another canyon it's somewhat safe. Not too many structures in that canyon but I think they said four houses have been lost.

Grilled ham and cheese and a nice cup of coffee.

The perks of teaching in a room with seven kitchens :)

Don't really have any ghost stories, even though we have stayed at a couple of "Haunted" locations. One of those places, the Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles,
Nanilei and I did have a very unusual experience.
I did a quick search and see that a couple of key words I would have used in the story do appear in chapters 10 and 18, so I probably have posted this at least twice before.
Not sure if this would qualify for Mainland Mike's thread as a ghost story.

Nanilei and I went to stay at the Biltmore Hotel in LA for a couple of reasons: It was Valentine's Day, and there was also an Exhibit of items from the Smithsonian at the LA Convention Center,
which is nearby, and they had this great package that included a room, a nice dinner, champagne and strawberries in the room, and a limo to/from the exhibit so I booked it for us.
The Biltmore is one of the oldest hotels in LA - it used to very swanky and where a lot of Hollywood types and visiting dignitaries, heads of state, etc. would stay when visiting LA. In fact,
the Ocsars used to be held there back in the day. So lots of history there.
We were just kind of wandering around the hotel, there is this great lobby, all art deco, that has two grand staircases that descend from the mezzanine to the ground floor. We wanted to walk down the stairs to go to the bar, but we were already on the ground level, so we thought we would just hop in the elevator, go up to the mezzanine, and stroll down the stairs.
We get in the elevator, push the button, and then the elevators doors slide open - to a completely dark giant open space - it was totally like something from a horror movie - ripped up walls and floors, what looked like furniture with white sheets draped over them covered in years of dust and neglect - but what was so eerie was that this was not just a remodel or construction area -I mean it looked like no one had set foot in there for years, and what was even more bizarre was there did not seem to be enough space in the building for there to even be that space -
just as we were looking at each other trying to figure it out, the doors closed, then re-opened, and we were at the mezzanine. The elevator did not feel like it had moved. We tried all weekend to get back to that space, pressed every button on the elevators, never saw it again.

Weird.

I think I remember you telling that one before, but it was worth repeating.

Well, I unfriended the troll. I feel a little bad about it because I've met him, he's been to UWC and isn't all bad, but I don't need that crap in my life. I think he does a lot of posting while inebriated.

My wife put together a great Halloween package to send to the grand-girls, who are 14 and 11 (I think). It contains two boxes of cake mix, cupcake cups, white and green frostings, tubes of green and black icing, green and black and white sprinkles, candy corn and licorice strings for decorating, and some Halloween cake decorating kits.

That oughta keep them busy for a while, and get some creative juices flowing....
how very fun!

Well, I unfriended the troll. I feel a little bad about it because I've met him, he's been to UWC and isn't all bad, but I don't need that crap in my life. I think he does a lot of posting while inebriated.

I succumbed to posting on a religious debate last night. Twice. I deleted the first one because the whole debate was mean-spirited and did nothing to glorify God. I let the other stand because it was a much simpler statement that shouldn't be too contentious. Too damn many Christians out there seem to think they're Jesus' agent for judgement in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom