::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different providers for gas or electric? That's weird.

We have a couple of companies here that offer electricity - it is because of Solar. There are two ways to go:
You either buy your rooftop PV panels and get the credit directly from HECo (Hawaiian Electric Company) or you lease the panels from another company (I think there are two or three different ones that do this type of thing) and you pay them a lower rate for your electricity because they keep the HECo credit.
There is even one place that gives you FREE panels and installation, you just have to buy all your power from them.

We also have natural gas in our house - it is only in certain places on Oahu. All natural gas on Oahu is synthetic, manufactured from fossil fuels. If your neighborhood does not have in-ground gas lines you get a tank. I think the only reason Oahu has in-ground natural gas at all is so the hotels can run tiki torches :D

I would be happy to give your wife a massage too. I’m sure she could use it and I’d love to meet her finally. How about next Tuesday at 2:00 here at the school. Absolutely no charge. Let her know I’m available.

I will pass that along. She will probably decline. She has issues with people touching her. Maybe when I am there?
But seriously, I really appreciate it.
I am sure once we all actually meet it will be different finally!
I will probably come in November if she is still there. I cannot imagine going much longer without seeing her.

Dakota Electric (yay, it's a co-op)
Centerpoint Energy for gas.

Not weird.

We have different gas and electric providers - I thought Ken was saying he could choose alternate providers for each (like, more than one electric provider, more than one gas).

Say what you will about Oakland. We liked it there. I was proud to say i lived in Oakland. You could always tell who was from oakland because they'd never say Oakland. They'd always say they lived in the East Bay. Otherwise people would say they were from whatever city they lived in.

My mom used to have her own Escrow business. It was quite successful, so much so she opened a second office - in Oakland. She bought a condo there and would spend time at the condo when working out of that office. This is in the early to mid 80's. So I spent some time there too, rode the BART to San Francisco, seriously it was nice enough. Trying to remember the name of the office building. The Ordway building maybe? I think ALCOA was in there or something. Anyhow, not dissing Oakland, but if I were paying over $500 more a month rent for one less bedroom, I would want it to be someplace that much better than where I am now. And, sorry, Oakland it not that place.

Sheesh so crazy the costs. I remember living on the Balboa peninsula in Newport, ON THE BEACH at 53rd street, and my rent was about $500 a month, and I thought that was expensive, but worth it.
I had two roommates, so I guess that means the three bedroom place was about $1500 a month. I think the guy living in the master might have paid a bit more. That was in 1988. I can't imagine what the rent is there today.

Dakota Electric (yay, it's a co-op)
Centerpoint Energy for gas.

Not weird.

FYI - I think he meant that you have a choice of different companies for Electric and OR gas.
Like you can buy electric from HECo or Aloha Power - that kind of thing.

My mom used to have her own Escrow business. It was quite successful, so much so she opened a second office - in Oakland. She bought a condo there and would spend time at the condo when working out of that office. This is in the early to mid 80's. So I spent some time there too, rode the BART to San Francisco, seriously it was nice enough. Trying to remember the name of the office building. The Ordway building maybe? I think ALCOA was in there or something. Anyhow, not dissing Oakland, but if I were paying over $500 more a month rent for one less bedroom, I would want it to be someplace that much better than where I am now. And, sorry, Oakland it not that place.

Sheesh so crazy the costs. I remember living on the Balboa peninsula in Newport, ON THE BEACH at 53rd street, and my rent was about $500 a month, and I thought that was expensive, but worth it.
I had two roommates, so I guess that means the three bedroom place was about $1500 a month. I think the guy living in the master might have paid a bit more. That was in 1988. I can't imagine what the rent is there today.

The Ordway building is Kaiser Permanente's headquarters - we have 21 of the 28 floors.

I will pass that along. She will probably decline. She has issues with people touching her. Maybe when I am there?
But seriously, I really appreciate it.
I am sure once we all actually meet it will be different finally!
I will probably come in November if she is still there. I cannot imagine going much longer without seeing her.

I totally understand.

We have different gas and electric providers - I thought Ken was saying he could choose alternate providers for each (like, more than one electric provider, more than one gas).

See? *I* knew what he meant.

My Dad wore Bay Rum and Old Spice. Those are my two favorite man scents.

I was buying perfume for Nanilei at Perfume Bay in HB several years ago and while I was waiting to be rung up I saw a cologne called SUNG that was purple liquid - so OF COURSE I had to try it. It smells amazing. I bought some on the spot. It is the only cologne I have ever really enjoyed wearing. I only use it when we go out for something fancy, which means hardly ever since moving here.

I was buying perfume for Nanilei at Perfume Bay in HB several years ago and while I was waiting to be rung up I saw a cologne called SUNG that was purple liquid - so OF COURSE I had to try it. It smells amazing. I bought some on the spot. It is the only cologne I have ever really enjoyed wearing. I only use it when we go out for something fancy, which means hardly ever since moving here.

Yes, Mike has one bottle of Bay Rum I bought him many years ago. He’s not one to like smells but he wears that for me once in a blue moon.

There used to be a booth at Sea World where you could mix your own scents. I made one with orange, vanilla, pepper, cinnamon and Bay Rum. I still have it in a roller. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom