::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary, I saw your name in the latest Ukulele Magazine. Well, your last name,anyway.

I forget the context, but I think the guy was hosting a festival, or doing a workshop, or something. I can check it out when I get home.

I had never seen the name Yoshida anywhere else but here before. Is it a relatively common Japanese name? Or, not so much?

Before I met Gary this is what I thought of when I heard the name Yoshida:

yoshida.jpg

I noticed this one yesterday - didn't see it the first day:

9ljHFo5.jpg

Back in my day we had a Tacky Religious Art Show. The winner was our submission of a grotto scene purchased in Tijuana that was an abalone shell with a dashboard Jesus inside and decorated with smaller seashells; Jesus on the Half Shell.

Also found in Tijuana but left behind was The Ascension of the Blue Boy on black velvet.

This was all back in the last century, before camera phones so there's no evidence. You have to take my word for it.

Post-surgery update from.Nanilei:

Just talked to dr. He said they did a quadruple bypass 1 on one side 2 on the other and one on the back. They reshaped her heart like a football and it’s beating twice as good. He said maybe she can get off ventilator later today. And lungs look good

Excellent news!

Nope, it's like baking. There needs to be a certain ratio of ingredients for it to come together properly, but there's room for creativity and experimentation. There are a lot of tools and resources to help with calculations to ensure the finished product is safe. The hardest part for me was getting over the fear of working with lye when I started out. As long as reasonable precautions are taken, it becomes much like working with bleach or boiling water.
My grandma used to make lye soap, mostly for my grandpa to use for washing up after he worked on things in the garage. My mom once said to be careful of grandpa's soap; it would wash the skin right off your hands.

Going to Canoe Hut was a good idea.
Ross made short ribs and potato salad and mushroom chicken. I did not try the chicken, but the short ribs were Excellent!
I sang some karaoke and had some fun.
I also slept like a log last night.
I needed that.
Woke this morning with a pic of Nanilei's mom sitting in a chair eating breakfast. She has a huge smile on her face.
So she's out of bed and eating solid food.
What a relief!

I worked at a theatre during college, and also did some acting at the same theatre, so I met a lot of actors in passing. One night while we were in dress rehearsals for a show in the small theatre space, they were honoring Grace Kelly in the large space. I was backstage hobnobbing with Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, and Princess Grace herself (surrounded by Secret Service as a visiting head of state). A nice older lady watched some of our dress rehearsal and chatted with us about our plans for acting. We didn't know her, but she turned out to be actress Celeste Holm. James Stewart was actually at that event, but was always surrounded by people and I didn't meet him that night-- I met him about a year later when the gala was in his honor.

I only wish we had camera phones back then-- I'd have some awesome selfies.

With this post Rich has single-handedly shut down any other "touched by fame" encounter Gary could share.

It all counts!!!

I originally started dropping names of every celeb I met because another member would always reply with a fantastical story to top mine. I have actually met all these people but most in passing or getting to have a brief conversation. I did get to pal around with Ronnie Lott for a few years so I met a ton of sports celebrities because of him.

Right place, right time and jobs that put me in a position to meet them.

S2puXiO.jpg

Nanilei's mom is off the ventilator and the balloon pump removed!
She is alert and was already asking about stuff.

Yay!

Now she just needs to be discharged. Likely 3days ICU,
followed by a week at the hospital.

Mahalo for the MoJo, keep it coming!

Even better! Keep the news like this coming - it's great!

Back in my day we had a Tacky Religious Art Show. The winner was our submission of a grotto scene purchased in Tijuana that was an abalone shell with a dashboard Jesus inside and decorated with smaller seashells; Jesus on the Half Shell.

Also found in Tijuana but left behind was The Ascension of the Blue Boy on black velvet.

This was all back in the last century, before camera phones so there's no evidence. You have to take my word for it.

After seeing the Buddy Christ in the library on Wednesday I couldn't resist any longer. I should have one waiting for me at home.

Weekend plans: This afternoon: grueling finale to class - 3 hours. Then head to the airport and fly home. I can't wait!
Tomorrow: recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom