::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And speaking of guitarists. While I was speaking about guitarists anyhow. I just bought Gwen Stefani - You Make it Feel Like Christmas because my friend Greg Camp is listed as co-producer and also played guitar on the CD.

Yeah me too - my mom and I are both still stunned that my brother would rather work an artsy job with low pay so he qualifies for, and accepts, government assistance rather than getting a job that he can support himself.
He has a fricking masters degree in cinema from American Film Institute, bachelor's from USC film school,
has literally written the book on Art Cinema, yet he can't pay his rent.
Mom feels like she flushed all that tuition money down the toilet.

That's what my dad said about tuition when I said I wanted to be a teacher. "You should major in something that will pay more than your tuition costs. It should be an investment that pays back more than you put in."

I get back way more than I put in. Unfortunately that payback isn't monetary.

You know when I catered that concert, the only Kenny Loggins songs I knew were either soundtracks or Danny's Song (Maybe House on Pooh Corner).

In hindsight it was probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to. The sound engineers nailed it that day/night.

I'm correcting papers while watching Kenny Loggins "Outside From the Redwoods" concert on YouTube. Our principal had a daily trivia question and today it was about the concert.

Anyhow, when I catered this concert I hung out quite a bit with his guitarist Chris Rodriguez. At the time I thought he was barely in his twenties. I just googled him to see what he's doing career wise now and turns out he's three years older than me. He's a beast on guitar. Makes you wonder how many super talented people are out there.

just a random update to a boring morning

6QhBf88.jpg

Maybe some of my students will go to do great things and I can. drop their names in my nursing home.

I'll drive the nurses crazy with the same stories day after day after day.

. . . and the PoHo's will be spared.

I just gave a math lesson:

"Mr. Yoshida, there is no 'medium' on this stove."

How many numbers are on the dial?

"10"

What do you think is the middle of ten?

"5? . . . oh, that's medium? You're smart Mr. Yoshida"

. . . unfortunately, it's not that I'm smart.

"HEY!"

you got that but you couldn't figure out what medium on the stove is?!?!

one group is amazed that their cupcakes turned out.

They forgot to bring milk and I told them to use water.

for baking a liquid is mostly just a liquid

"OMG Mr. Yoshida, you have to taste the beans that kitchen #6 made, so good!"

Didn't they just heat up canned refried beans?

"They did?!"

This is exactly why I never put any stock into when a student/kid tells me something is good.

feeling pretty good about myself

Been wanting to take a photography class for a year now. There's a "cheap" one that gets mediocre reviews and there's an expensive one that gets fantastic reviews. Lots of reviews. I always check out the expensive site and read about the offerings. Today I noticed a tiny little button for "social media discounts" so I hightailed it over to Groupon and looked it up.

I am now signed up for a photography class and saved over half off for it.

This made my day!

one group is amazed that their cupcakes turned out.

They forgot to bring milk and I told them to use water.

for baking a liquid is mostly just a liquid

They forgot to bring milk? Do they have to bring their own ingredients?

feeling pretty good about myself

Been wanting to take a photography class for a year now. There's a "cheap" one that gets mediocre reviews and there's an expensive one that gets fantastic reviews. Lots of reviews. I always check out the expensive site and read about the offerings. Today I noticed a tiny little button for "social media discounts" so I hightailed it over to Groupon and looked it up.

I am now signed up for a photography class and saved over half off for it.

This made my day!

Have fun! I took a photography class in college and learned that I really don't have an eye for photography. It was a nature photography class. We were at the tide pools and working in pairs. When it came time to showing our work the professor compared a photo taken by my partner to one taken by me. Hers was artful with movement and flow to it. Mine was a picture of rocks. We were standing right next to each other when we took those pictures.

Have fun! I took a photography class in college and learned that I really don't have an eye for photography. It was a nature photography class. We were at the tide pools and working in pairs. When it came time to showing our work the professor compared a photo taken by my partner to one taken by me. Hers was artful with movement and flow to it. Mine was a picture of rocks. We were standing right next to each other when we took those pictures.

It really is amazing isn't it?

Collin has a great eye for composing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom