::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a rock. What's going to happen?

When we were at the Hoover Dam, I thought, this is what the surface of the moon looks like. Except for the water that is. People still go there.

The sun doesn't ever set on half the land area? Right? Solar farm? And then work from there?

On the moon that is.

Just a thought

Katie needed a new phone so we spent 4 hours in the AT&T store.

Why does it always take so long?

I’m at the school now. Going to be a body for a massage final. I need it.

The Santa decoration I found for my daughter on eBay last week arrived today. It is in perfect shape, but unfortunately not in its original box. It was packed well for shipment, and I'm sure it will be just fine.

I just sort of expected the original box....

When we were at the Hoover Dam, I thought, this is what the surface of the moon looks like. Except for the water that is. People still go there.

The sun doesn't ever set on half the land area? Right? Solar farm? And then work from there?

On the moon that is.

Just a thought

Nope. Dark side of the moon is not accurate. It is the far side of the moon, away from Earth.
Our moon's day is tied to its orbital period. So 14 days of sun followed by 14 days of night on any given spot. Approximately.

Oh and there are some landscapes on the big mountaintops in Maui and Hawaii (big island)
that are so geologically similar to the moon the astronauts and the rovers actually trained there.

Nope. Dark side of the moon is not accurate. It is the far side of the moon, away from Earth.
Our moon's day is tied to its orbital period. So 14 days of sun followed by 14 days of night on any given spot. Approximately.

I guess that makes more sense. Some parts, at certain times, would be in the shadow of the earth also.

It just seems like something may have happened there in the last 45 years. I mean, people go to Antarctica?
Unless you believe that the moon landing was a hoax?

No offense, but you sure don't sound like a real school teacher. I guess high school is such a different world!

I asked our new AP (who is from a high school) what she thought of being at our school. Her response was that she never knew elementary school teachers worked so hard!

I'm not. But last night I slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

So does my brother. He could easily be a pro and probably earn a nice living.
But that's, you know, work.

I have a bartender buddy like that.

He was one of the original Apple employees. He quit less than a year into it. I think he had 100 shares of stock. I wonder how much he would have from just holding on to those shares with all the splits and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom