::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My college mascot was a Quaker, and he looked like the guy from the Quaker Oats box. Worst mascot ever.

My grand kids are/were going to Ball State in Muncie. Ball State Cardinals.

Ball_State_Cardinals02.jpg

At the end of an address they say "Chirp Chirp".

My school has said they will arrest any student in clown gear for fear mongering.

Is that even a thing?!

Wait. What? Isn't this still America? Arrest someone for dressing up like a clown? They'd better go arrest Ronald McDonald, then....

Sheesh....

Good morning, one and all! Today I have errands to run, and work to do in the basement. I think I'll do the errands first, before I get all dirty....

Gary, you need to do one of two things:
Either go full on and learn something by rote a measure at a time, with all the crazy embellishments, muted chords, etc.

OR

E Huli Makou.

Stop telling yourself what you cannot do.

DO something.
You can DO it!

I can do E Huli Makao.

Don't have the words memorized any more but I can fix that pretty quick.

Strings: I've been using the Nanoweb Custom Light Set, which uses a .11 high E. It's a great compromise set, as I find the Extra-Light set feels too "bendy" under my fingers, which the regular Light set is just slightly too heavy. They are a little pricey, but they last a long time. I really like Nanowebs.

Learning: Learn your basics. Know all your notes, at least to the fifth fret. Learn all your first position chords. Learn the two basic barres (the "E" shape and the "A" shape). Learn the pentatonic scale. You can probably master all of that in a few months, and then you can play most rock music.

Need to learn the notes and the scale.

Glenn Tilbrook is about to turn 60 and he can still sing like that.

I was listening to them on YouTube last night.

Thanks for the guitar tips. I have Nanoweb .12 on my Taylor GS Mini and now I have D'Addario phosphorus bronze .12 on my Seagull (Sm6?)

The .12 is recommended for the Taylor's shorter scale.

Wait. What? Isn't this still America? Arrest someone for dressing up like a clown? They'd better go arrest Ronald McDonald, then....

Sheesh....

Psssst Don.

I'm pretty sure they're just trying to threaten the kids into not doing it. Those dumb asses have been popping up on elementary school campuses and freaking out the little kids. My son's school had campus wide panic when someone posted a clown pic in the girl's bathroom and splattered ketchup all over the mirror and walls to look like blood. They wrote "I'm coming back for you!" on the mirror.

I don't know
we have the Cal State Monterey Bay Sea Otters and the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs
sea otters are cute and banana slugs are weird, but Peter the Anteater is just really cool.

Gary, you need to do one of two things:
Either go full on and learn something by rote a measure at a time, with all the crazy embellishments, muted chords, etc.

OR

E Huli Makou.

Stop telling yourself what you cannot do.

DO something.
You can DO it!
E Huli Makou. Belt that ****er out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom