::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeepers is a PoHo of days gone by. He used to do a song called, "Boiled Peanuts". I wouldn't be surprised if the video was still available somewhere....

He still shows up on the field most years. He’s not allowed to leave the stage without singing that song.

I lurked for about a year before I jumped into the fray and I only saw posts from Jeepers a few times. By the time I started posting a few of his videos would appear here but I don't think I've interacted with him.

He’s one of my favorite people on the field. I am always so very happy to see him on the years he shows up.

Total diabetic fail this week.

Two days ago my blood sugar was out of whack and I couldn't figure out why. The next day I took extra care and really tracked what I ate and I took a few of my pills that are supposed to make my pancreas a bit more active. After lunch (2 oz. of chicken breast on bread that tastes like sawdust) I took my blood sugar and it was 228. WTH?!

I dug through my garbage can and retrieved my can of diet cherry Dr. Pepper. Yup. Wasn't diet. The display at the store was all diet Dr. Peppers except the Cherry flavored one.

Diet Vanilla flavor.

Regular Diet flavor.

And non diet cherry flavor all on the same display.

Fail.

Last edited:
Today is going to be an expensive work day.
Normally Nanilei makes me a breakfast and a lunch to take.
We got home late last night.
I was hungry this morning so I got a breakfast sandwich at the airport $10.46
I was too tired at 5:25 to catch The bus, so I drove to the airport $15.00 parking
I will also need to buy lunch on Lanai probably $12

Almost $40!

Today is going to be an expensive work day.
Normally Nanilei makes me a breakfast and a lunch to take.
We got home late last night.
I was hungry this morning so I got a breakfast sandwich at the airport $10.46
I was too tired at 5:25 to catch The bus, so I drove to the airport $15.00 parking
I will also need to buy lunch on Lanai probably $12

Almost $40!

Paradise extracts its toll.

I decided to teach kids in my foods one class skill they should have to survive so this week it's rice.

Cooking risotto today. I can't use wine so I was going to use grape juice and vinegar but the only grape juice they had at the restaurant supply place was purple.

My risotto is a weird bizarre brownish, purplish color.

I decided to teach kids in my foods one class skill they should have to survive so this week it's rice.

Cooking risotto today. I can't use wine so I was going to use grape juice and vinegar but the only grape juice they had at the restaurant supply place was purple.

My risotto is a weird bizarre brownish, purplish color.

Shoulda used grape Nehi.

I want to teach them to cook rice on the stovetop too. No rice cooker.

What should I make with the rice afterwards?

I'm waffling between rice pudding or fried rice. Any other suggestions?

Midwestern food: Rice casserole with leftover protein (chicken, beef, pork, &c), veg, seasonings (bland), mushroom soup for liquid(?).

sh!t on rice. Ground beef mixed with mushroom soup served over rice. It’s the only thing they’ll be able to afford living in the Bay Area. My kids were raised on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom