::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely.

His face is getting more angular.

. . . and he gets armpit sweat! WTH?! He's only 9.

Sigh. Emma is...developing. And for the first time last week I noticed BO. She'll be 11 in November.

Speaking of t-shirts, one of my very favorites has shrunken too much for me to wear it. :(

It's a long sleeved white tee, with the word "UKULELE" in big black letters. The U, K, and U are on one line, with the L, E, L and E below. I think the two lines are separated by a red line. I'd have to look at it again to be sure.

I can't wear it, but I can't stand to ditch it. You know what I mean?

Bummer....

Sigh. Emma is...developing. And for the first time last week I noticed BO. She'll be 11 in November.

My older granddaughter is developing, too. It took me by surprise the last time I saw her. It seems she will surpass both her mother and her grandmother in that regard.

My adoptive parents said my biological mother was very young, short, blonde, and built like a brick ****house (my father's description)....

I love every stage of his development, it seems to get better and better every year, but sometimes I wish I could stop him from growing up so fast.

Going without insulin sure can cause a seizure Dr. Sally.
i know, but if he's taking his bs and administering it, he shouldn't. Those are usually people who don't monitor it.

I deleted my comment because I know they can but that's in extreme case.

Either way, he should be doing it in private.

I've had to start eating my cookies, because I have to leave for work soon. They're not still hot, but they're not as solidified as I'd like them to be....

i know, but if he's taking his bs and administering it, he shouldn't. Those are usually people who don't monitor it.

I guess that's the point. There's no reason he can't do that in private. He doesn't have to do without, he just needs to be more discreet about it....

totally agree about the privacy

It's actually pretty easy to drop low for some people even if they monitor regularly. Not easy to feel it coming on too. Like getting drunk . . . having a good time and then whoa . . . I'm drunk.

totally agree about the privacy

It's actually pretty easy to drop low for some people even if they monitor regularly. Not easy to feel it coming on too. Like getting drunk . . . having a good time and then whoa . . . I'm drunk.
yeah you're right. I Have been a bit bad about watching mine lately. I used to have low episodes just at night (took my meds before bed) so I moved my meds to daytime hours. The other day I was in a store and started sweating bad. Drank some milk and came back. Yikes, that was a bit scary.

Did a AC1 test last week. I'm waiting for the doc to call and make me come it. Ugh.

Are you fluent in Thai, Mike? Reading, writing, and speaking? I admire folks that are multi-lingual....

I can speak basic Thai pretty well (with an Essan accent, I'm told), can't read or write it though. Thai grammar is pretty easy, the trick is in the pronunciation, it's very tonal, if you say something a little off, you are probably saying a different word all together.

One of my co-workers is diabetic, and uses injected insulin. When he first started working at NAPA, he would excuse himself when the time came to test his blood and administer his insulin.

Now he just does it right at the parts counter, regardless of who is around. Co-workers, customers....it doesn't matter. Monday he stood at the counter in front of a customer, put his foot up on a shelf, hiked up the leg of his cargo shorts, and injected himself in the upper thigh.

Personally, I think it's something to be done in private. Needles give me the heebie-jeebies, anyway. I feel like it's the store manager's job to say something to the guy, but, although he doesn't like it either, he doesn't do anything.

Ish....

It would honestly freak me out!!! I would not be as kind as you!

yeah you're right. I Have been a bit bad about watching mine lately. I used to have low episodes just at night (took my meds before bed) so I moved my meds to daytime hours. The other day I was in a store and started sweating bad. Drank some milk and came back. Yikes, that was a bit scary.

Did a AC1 test last week. I'm waiting for the doc to call and make me come it. Ugh.

Mine is low on waking sometimes.

I suck at being diabetic. I always fail in Hawaii. I start off well and then cave about a week in and then it takes me about a month to get back on track when I get home. You'd think I'd learn.

Naomi is 9. I had her start wearing deoderant last year. I got her the Jason brand that is more gentle than anti-perspirants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom