::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot coolers do not even look like swamp coolers.

I just looked up spot coolers. It seems that term is used for ones built to use in work shops and industrial buildings, they look different than the portable air conditioners used in homes. Same thing just marketed differently.

Hmmm...maybe a swamp cooler would work better than the A/C here. We could have humidity in the house! But we need it more during the winter.

Those work great in the desert for cooling. I think they make humidity machines for cold weather moisture.

Oh, okay. I've never heard that term before except here.

I know this won't cool my whole house down, it's only 10,000 BTU. But I sure will sleep better. Last night was unbearable. I bet I woke up 6 times.

Our spot coolers help our central air not have to work so hard. We have one in our bedroom and one in our living room.

Sally, if your's work like our's, you'll need to have a bucket to go with it. We use 5 gallon buckets with our's.

Those work great in the desert for cooling. I think they make humidity machines for cold weather moisture.

We've used practically every type of humidifier under $100, and a few that were over.

They all clog like crazy out here, even using distilled water. I finally said to heck with it. We buy the $15 humidifiers at Walgreens and keep a pot of boiling water on the stove.

Oh, okay. I've never heard that term before except here.

I know this won't cool my whole house down, it's only 10,000 BTU. But I sure will sleep better. Last night was unbearable. I bet I woke up 6 times.

10,000 is a respectable size.

Sally, if your's work like our's, you'll need to have a bucket to go with it. We use 5 gallon buckets with our's.

Mine both have canisters to remove the moisture with the hot produced by the machine. Haven't had to empty one yet out here :)

afe018f0567f0134b7a5005056a9545d

See? Wally knows!

That's cool. What does your window look out on?

It looks out toward the hospital I work in now :) I don't know if I can see the hospital from there, though. It's a land of apartments and shopping malls, but it's a nice area and well planted with trees and stuff - it's nothing special, but it's better than the wall I look at now.

I was able to accomplish a lot of work on my project yesterday! Now I'm to the point where I'll begin the framing of the remaining two walls, that will enclose the utility room. I hope to do the majority of that tomorrow.

The wiring for the light switch and the outlet that'll be in those walls is already run, and is coiled up overhead in the floor joists, waiting to be installed. The electrical work will be quick.

Then I'm back to drywall work, my least favorite. But, it means the job is nearing the end....

When do you cut the secret doors through to the houses on either side of you? I'm assuming you'll be doing that in the basement...

Mine both have canisters to remove the moisture with the hot produced by the machine. Haven't had to empty one yet out here :)

Yeah, the one I ordered says it has an automatic evaporator so it doesn't collect water you have to empty.

Ok started the journey for a real job. Lol. It's been so long since I had one, I forget dates of employment. So I went to the social security office to see if they could help me. They told me to print out a credit report. So I did. Apparently I got a mortgage in 2013. Do what??? I'd sure like to know where this house is! I'm ready to move in! I also have several credit cards I knew nothing about. I'm so confused!

It sucks that someone stole your identity. That $%*& takes so much work and time to clear up.

I completely suck at putting names and faces together, and it's worse when I'm talking to people online. :(

You can add me on Facebook, too, if you wish. I wish I had all the PoHos on facebook. Look me up, there, Debby Plunkett, is my full name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom