::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sally. I just know her life now is much different than she expected it to be. I am sure it is tough on her.

Being satisfied with ones life has to come from the inside. All we on the outside can do is be encouraging and supportive.

You're a good son Damon.

I got a dog.

attachment.php

Looks like a sweetheart

Good morning.

We've learned that I suck at estimating how much I've spent on groceries and such. Back to cash only.

Good morning, one and all! I'm home again, after a safe and uneventful drive yesterday. The long drive makes for a long weekend, but we both had a great time. I'm sure we'll do it again next year.

Back to my normal schedule for this week,and then we fly to Florida on Saturday, and stay from the 3rd to the 8th....

How old is she? Maybe she's just tired of living.

Does Paul have siblings?
She is 88. Yes, she is tired of living. And I understand that. But....
When she had her pacemaker put in a bazillion years ago, she had the procedure done and afterwards laid in the bed not moving. She was terrified to move because it might wreck the pacemaker. The lady in the bed next to her had the same thing done and was up and moving around the same day. That's when this crap started. The time she was in the hospital and asked Paul to take the cap off her Chapstick (!) is the day I marched to the nurses station and told them to get her out of bed. For every day you lay in bed doing nothing is 2-3 days of rehab. You do the math. The nurse was fabulous. He marched into her room and ripped her a good one...in a very nice, no-nonsense way. She doesn't push herself at all. Yesterday Paul was buttering her bread. Which is another annoyance. #1 -- do it yourself. #2 -- she is on a very strict diet with no dairy. Butter is a dairy last I checked. No wondering she feels horrible a lot of the time. She cheats on her diet.

Paul has a brother. His wife is a saint. He does very little. She does it all.

Last edited:
She is 88. Yes, she is tired of living. And I understand that. But....
When she had her pacemaker put in a bazillion years ago, she had the procedure done and afterwards laid in the bed not moving. She was terrified to move because it might wreck the pacemaker. The lady in the bed next to her had the same thing done and was up and moving around the same day. That's when this crap started. The time she was in the hospital and asked Paul to take the cap off her Chapstick (!) is the day I marched to the nurses station and told them to get her out of bed. For every day you lay in bed doing nothing is 2-3 days of rehab. You do the math. The nurse was fabulous. He marched into her room and ripped her a good one...in a very nice, no-nonsense way. She doesn't push herself at all. Yesterday Paul was buttering her bread. Which is another annoyance. #1 -- do it yourself. #2 -- she is on a very strict diet with no dairy. Butter is a dairy last I checked. No wondering she feels horrible a lot of the time. She cheats on her diet.

Paul has a brother. His wife is a saint. He does very little. She does it all.
oh gosh, yeah that would make me crazy.

Yeah, you don't want to move her closer.

Why am I awake so early? No idea. It is my sons first day of college. Yes, I will get a picture even if it's in old torn jeans and a tattered t-shirt.

Sometimes my mom (81) says things like she is just tired of living. She is thankfully healthy and still has her wits about her. I don't know how to respond when she does that.

Sorry, just venting.

My grandfather is starting to say that.

I almost don't blame him. He's 92, he's been in pain with migraine like symptoms every night for the last three months, all of his good friends have passed away and he's just tired. My sisters and I bring the great grand kids around as often as possible and I try to visit every chance I get but it only cheers him up for a while.

On the good side, the treatments he's getting are starting to lesson the pain of his headaches and they aren't lasting as long. They told him it's going to be a slow process to get back to feeling 100%. I feel really bad for him. He's been through a lot in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom