::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...No idea what a furnace system is like. Every house I've lived in has had an HVAC.

When I was young we had a coal furnace. It was forced air but you had to shovel coal into the hearth. Which means that you had to remove the ashes every so often. You didn't want the fire to go out on a cold winter night. There was a room made for coal delivery. There was an outside door/shute to fill the "coal bin". All of this was in the basement of the house. I'm thinking it was replaced by a gas forced air furnace in the late fifties.

...No idea what a furnace system is like. Every house I've lived in has had an HVAC.

Basically HVAC without the AC. Gas fueled. Plus controls from the 1930s in the 1950s. San Francisco Bay Area back in the day only the rich people had AC and only needed it 3 or 4 weeks of the year.

When I was young we had a coal furnace. It was forced air but you had to shovel coal into the hearth. Which means that you had to remove the ashes every so often. You didn't want the fire to go out on a cold winter night. There was a room made for coal delivery. There was an outside door/shute to fill the "coal bin". All of this was in the basement of the house. I'm thinking it was replaced by a gas forced air furnace in the late fifties.

Cue the scene from A Christmas Story with the Old Man yelling, "It's a CLINKER!" and "Buttahfingah!"

Totally fine. She loved it!! Kept wanting more. The day before she almost did back flip. All the adults there were no so excited as we were. All the kids thought I was the best launcher. #iamsofat

Your videos of flying children were a riot!

QOTD: What was one of your most exalted, yet silly, early childhood victories?

The first time I smoked pot with my siblings....I think I was 20.

They are all way older than me, 10-17 years my senior. I was always the baby. I finally felt like one of them.

I vividly remember once time when I was maybe eight years old, it must have been a snow day because I was playing with friends in the front yard in the snow. Some teenage kids came down the street and a snowball fight ensued, they were creaming us younger kids who had to take shelter on the porch. As they walked away, I made one last attempt, they were pretty much out of my range, but I threw a snowball as hard as I possible could, it arced across the sky and came down right smack dab on top of one of the kid's heads. I remember his head scrunching down a little as it hit him totally by surprise and snow splattered out in every direction from his head. My friends and I acted like we had just won WW2.
How fun! .

So I got 3 loads of laundry done, went to costco, got my paycheck so now we got some money...and also got 2 of 3 loads folded!!!

Victory so far

Watched the movie about Moby Duck last night. Good stuff that was. It's on HBO. Just got an email saying 5th wave is also a valance at library. Gotta go get that for tonight.

Watched the movie about Moby Duck last night. Good stuff that was. It's on HBO. Just got an email saying 5th wave is also a valance at library. Gotta go get that for tonight.

I think we will have tacos tonight for dinner. I heard that the company that we went to this weekend kinda broke even and may have lost a little money cause only 75 people showed up. At 89 and more a person it seems weird.

I think we will have tacos tonight for dinner. I heard that the company that we went to this weekend kinda broke even and may have lost a little money cause only 75 people showed up. At 89 and more a person it seems weird.

But there were empty cabins and they would open that to the public to rent out so I guess they may have lost out.

We tried. They were just a bit cheaper than the school used books but the shipping dates would have been too late for the start if class.

No idea where the 1 cent books are.

Probably less demand for used religion books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom