::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to try a "no air" day. We might have to give up in the late afternoon. Time will tell.

Code:
[COLOR="#000080"][CENTER]Song Sung Blue
Neil Diamond[/CENTER]

[C] Song sung blue, everybody [G] knows one.
[G7] Song sung blue, every garden [C] grows one.
[C7]Me and you are subject to, the [F] blues now and then,
But [G] when you take the blues and make a song,
You sing them [C] out again,
sing them out [Dm] again, [G7]

[C] Song sung blue, weepin' like a [G] willow,
Song sung blue, sleepin' on my [C] pillow.
[C7] Funny thing, but you can sing it with a [F] cry in your voice,
[G] And before you know it start to feelin' good,
You simply [C] got no choice. [G7]

{c:8 Bar Instrumental (With 2 bars of C, 4 bars of G, 2 bars of C)}

you simply [C] got no choice. [G7]

[C] Song sung blue, weepin' like a [G] willow,
Song sung blue, sleepin' on my [C] pillow.
you simply [C] got no choice....[/COLOR]

Rob, I love that song! Thanks for posting it!

I have to dig my uke out and try it . . .

Rob, I love that song! Thanks for posting it!

I have to dig my uke out and try it . . .

That's why I posted it. The instrumental is the first two lines of the verse chords. I think I play the Dm in the first verse between them and out. Have fun.

Or,

Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back I'll bring your wedding ring.

I've been reading his book about Simon Girty, it's awesome history. The western frontier at the time was Fort Pitt (now Pittsburg). Aside from the main story about Girty's life, you learn a lot about the politics of the time. Did you guys know that many of the Founding Fathers were land speculators that got rich from selling indian land?. That list included George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine and other famous names. Thirteen years before the Revolutionary War started the King of England made a proclamation forbidding the selling of indian land in the Ohio Valley, this had a huge impact on a lot of the new world rich who were making their fortunes that way. So our "war for independence" wasn't as altruistic as we are taught in school.

I told Levi to remind me of this when I start coveting a place in town. I love when people come by my shop, dont get me wrong, but I asked him to make an appointment and he just showed up. I was in exercise clothes, sweaty from carrying cases from my warehouse into my shop, and I sort of schedule customers into when I need to get my online orders out. Normally it is not an issue, but knowing no one was coming I had not planned accordingly. I really dont want to keep regular hours. It frees me up to be there when my family needs me.

I told Levi to remind me of this when I start coveting a place in town. I love when people come by my shop, dont get me wrong, but I asked him to make an appointment and he just showed up. I was in exercise clothes, sweaty from carrying cases from my warehouse into my shop, and I sort of schedule customers into when I need to get my online orders out. Normally it is not an issue, but knowing no one was coming I had not planned accordingly. I really dont want to keep regular hours. It frees me up to be there when my family needs me.

I totally get that, but the occasional unexpected drop-in sale is nice too.

I think once this week is over though I will be a lot less overwhelmed. But I do it because I do in my heart love it, and my kids are SO excited to be able to go to Floyd Fest!

I just need time to sort my workshop properly. Hopefully I will have some time tomorrow.

So, M!m, I played a purple Waterman at the Kala booth at the festival. I want to like it. I don't know what Kala is doing though! This is the second time I have played one. The first time was at the Polynesian Cultural Center store. Beautiful display, every instrument on it was horribly out of tune. I stood there and tuned all of them, then played a little. The shop keeper came over and I said, "You may sell more of these if you keep them tuned up" and I was pleasant about it, and her reply was, "Oh, I try, but those dang kids come in here and mess them all up."
BS! They were unboxed and placed on he display.

ANYway, at the Ukulele festival, at the Kala booth, I spied a purple one from the Ukulele Guild booth where I was playing. I walked over there to check it out, and same thing, it was not tuned at all, like not even close. None of them were.
At the Ukulele festival? In Hawaii? Really?!?!?!?!
No excuse.
So, can you set them up to be playable?
I really want one, but have never been able to enjoy one yet.

So, M!m, I played a purple Waterman at the Kala booth at the festival. I want to like it. I don't know what Kala is doing though! This is the second time I have played one. The first time was at the Polynesian Cultural Center store. Beautiful display, every instrument on it was horribly out of tune. I stood there and tuned all of them, then played a little. The shop keeper came over and I said, "You may sell more of these if you keep them tuned up" and I was pleasant about it, and her reply was, "Oh, I try, but those dang kids come in here and mess them all up."
BS! They were unboxed and placed on he display.

ANYway, at the Ukulele festival, at the Kala booth, I spied a purple one from the Ukulele Guild booth where I was playing. I walked over there to check it out, and same thing, it was not tuned at all, like not even close. None of them were.
At the Ukulele festival? In Hawaii? Really?!?!?!?!
No excuse.
So, can you set them up to be playable?
I really want one, but have never been able to enjoy one yet.

I really enjoyed messing with Soo's when she joined us at our lake place in Washington. But I'm not too picky.

And Damon I totally agree with you regarding tuned instruments. Drives me nuts when they can't take the time to tune them. Even at NAMM, some of the booths don't bother. I walk away.

Hi Ho's

Hope you are all doing well. I'm good. I hate this heat we've been having, though.

Had a bit of a hectic morning. I'm at work meow and trying to calm my insides down. I hate feeling anxious.

Hi Ho's

Hope you are all doing well. I'm good. I hate this heat we've been having, though.

Yep, it sucks and it seems to be affecting the entire country.

Hi Debby, hope you're doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom