::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a text that Nanilei is not happy with the SNiF. So I guess good news is mom is no longer in the hospital, bad news is she is not happy with where she is at. I told her if there is not another SNiFf in Newport Beach right next to Hoag that she can go to then just take her home.
We'll see what happens next.

I tried to google that acronym, and got nuthin'....

What a puny catchup. :(

36c4215432fc9907d09329e9f165ee71--mini-stuff-clay-food.jpg

Wow thought I would have more here....finished the floors at house...now time to pick out colors and get painting and laying of new floor in the side room. Got sewer guy tomorrow.

Don't really have any ghost stories, even though we have stayed at a couple of "Haunted" locations. One of those places, the Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles,
Nanilei and I did have a very unusual experience.
I did a quick search and see that a couple of key words I would have used in the story do appear in chapters 10 and 18, so I probably have posted this at least twice before.
Not sure if this would qualify for Mainland Mike's thread as a ghost story.

Nanilei and I went to stay at the Biltmore Hotel in LA for a couple of reasons: It was Valentine's Day, and there was also an Exhibit of items from the Smithsonian at the LA Convention Center,
which is nearby, and they had this great package that included a room, a nice dinner, champagne and strawberries in the room, and a limo to/from the exhibit so I booked it for us.
The Biltmore is one of the oldest hotels in LA - it used to very swanky and where a lot of Hollywood types and visiting dignitaries, heads of state, etc. would stay when visiting LA. In fact,
the Ocsars used to be held there back in the day. So lots of history there.
We were just kind of wandering around the hotel, there is this great lobby, all art deco, that has two grand staircases that descend from the mezzanine to the ground floor. We wanted to walk down the stairs to go to the bar, but we were already on the ground level, so we thought we would just hop in the elevator, go up to the mezzanine, and stroll down the stairs.
We get in the elevator, push the button, and then the elevators doors slide open - to a completely dark giant open space - it was totally like something from a horror movie - ripped up walls and floors, what looked like furniture with white sheets draped over them covered in years of dust and neglect - but what was so eerie was that this was not just a remodel or construction area -I mean it looked like no one had set foot in there for years, and what was even more bizarre was there did not seem to be enough space in the building for there to even be that space -
just as we were looking at each other trying to figure it out, the doors closed, then re-opened, and we were at the mezzanine. The elevator did not feel like it had moved. We tried all weekend to get back to that space, pressed every button on the elevators, never saw it again.

Weird.

My church is 160 years old. I spend a lot of time in it. I'm pretty sure that there are spirits at large in there. I've heard them.

Cool Biltmore story Damon. Yes, that’s a perfect hotel to be haunted.
That’s the hotel my fathers retirement party from Mobil Oil was held at. Super crazy fancy. Dad had a suite. A big ass living room, two big bedrooms and two full baths. The only hotel room I’ve ever been in that had its own foyer. We went early and got ready and had a huge after party in it. I called the front desk to get a big bucket (like the size of a pickle bucket) of ice to be delivered. I remember they charged us $20 for the ice. This was 35 years ago. My dad just laughed. He got crazy drunk. After everyone left he and mom sat us kids down and told us about their retirement plans. He was so happy he cried. Mom says he got up in the middle of the night to pee, got confused and peed in the walk in closet. He was so embarrassed we never teased him about it.

I'm having trouble with my phone. It has Bluetooth, and is paired to my truck, the work truck, and my hearing aids.

All of that WAS working as it should. Now, not so much. I get notice of incoming calls in all three scenarios, but I can no longer connect to the call.

I have turned Bluetooth on and off, and have turned the phone on and off. I have checked the settings for the Bluetooth on the phone, and both trucks and my hearing aids are still listed. Both trucks ring incoming calls through their audio systems, and show the caller ID on the screen. My hearing aids sound a ring tone, as they should.

But, if I push the button to connect the call, in either vehicle or on my hearing aids, the call reverts to my phone. While driving I can't get to my phone because of the seat belt, and it's illegal here, anyway.

I'm not sure what to do next....

I know that you can switch the car to private mode to talk through your phone. Maybe that got turned on? Other than that I have no idea.

I worked almost 11 hours today at the school. It was my day to clean the school after my office work. Mike came by after his work and hung a whole bunch of stuff. TV’s, shelves, white boards and a whole bunch of things for me. We don’t have a handyman any longer (the boss who left had a hubby that used to help) so I volunteer my husband. He’s a good egg. He complains but he’s always willing to help me.

The school is really starting to come together. We’re having a Grand Reopening on November 9th. Trying to make it pretty. We don’t have much money but everyone’s pitching in and it shows. Makes me proud.

I know that you can switch the car to private mode to talk through your phone. Maybe that got turned on? Other than that I have no idea.

I’ve got to go visit the Honda dealer. My new phone isn’t working with it completely. I can receive calls through it but I can’t make outgoing calls on the buttons on the steering wheel.

I miss Nanilei.
Tonight after I got home I went to the store for rice krispies, marshmallows, and heavy cream so I could make treats for Canoe Hut tomorrow. Then when I got home from that I put in a load of laundry, heated up dinner,
had a video chat with Nani while I ate, washed dishes,
then made the salted caramel rice Krispies treats, washed those dishes, folded the clothes, PHEW!
I am exhausted, and it is only 9:30.

We are not happy with the SNiFf.
I think Nani is going to try and bring mom home tomorrow.
I told her to call her doctors and say, "If this is the level of care she will receive here then we want her home where we can care for her properly."
She was not given her meds "still waiting for them..."
They came.in and told her that dinner would be at 5pm,
grilled cheese sandwich, French fries, and...
Nanilei says "WHAT!?!?!!?!? She is on a cardiac diet, she can't have those things!"
She is just stressed out.
Poor thing.
I wish I could give her a hug.

I miss Nanilei.
Tonight after I got home I went to the store for rice krispies, marshmallows, and heavy cream so I could make treats for Canoe Hut tomorrow. Then when I got home from that I put in a load of laundry, heated up dinner,
had a video chat with Nani while I ate, washed dishes,
then made the salted caramel rice Krispies treats, washed those dishes, folded the clothes, PHEW!
I am exhausted, and it is only 9:30.

We are not happy with the SNiFf.
I think Nani is going to try and bring mom home tomorrow.
I told her to call her doctors and say, "If this is the level of care she will receive here then we want her home where we can care for her properly."
She was not given her meds "still waiting for them..."
They came.in and told her that dinner would be at 5pm,
grilled cheese sandwich, French fries, and...
Nanilei says "WHAT!?!?!!?!? She is on a cardiac diet, she can't have those things!"
She is just stressed out.
Poor thing.
I wish I could give her a hug.

The wild wonderful world of elder care. That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom