::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had just a lovely day today!
Got up and made breakfast for us, then we drove up to Haleiwa to visit the Hokule'a. Much less crowded than when she was in Honolulu. We only waited about 15 minutes for our turn to board, then we got to spend about that much time on board. I went into the sleeping areas,
saw the large oars used as daggerboards, and the rudder,
and the "galley" (basically a hot plate in a little tent), it was really amazing.

Then we continued East, past Turtle Bay, and had lunch at Seven Brothers at the Mill, I had a yummy burger and Nani had Coconut shrimp. Then we kept going South to Waiahole and went to the poi factory, and had warm kulolo with haupia ice cream on it. Amazing.
Kulolo is a sweet treat made with taro, kind of like if you made cream of wheat really thick, like a gel almost,
and haupia is coconut, so the cold coconut ice cream melts a bit on the warm kulolo and it is SUPER GOOD.

Why is it that the single solitary dark hair I seem to be able to grow always shows up someplace conspicuous, like the bridge of my nose?

Had just a lovely day today!
Got up and made breakfast for us, then we drove up to Haleiwa to visit the Hokule'a. Much less crowded than when she was in Honolulu. We only waited about 15 minutes for our turn to board, then we got to spend about that much time on board. I went into the sleeping areas,
saw the large oars used as daggerboards, and the rudder,
and the "galley" (basically a hot plate in a little tent), it was really amazing.

Then we continued East, past Turtle Bay, and had lunch at Seven Brothers at the Mill, I had a yummy burger and Nani had Coconut shrimp. Then we kept going South to Waiahole and went to the poi factory, and had warm kulolo with haupia ice cream on it. Amazing.
Kulolo is a sweet treat made with taro, kind of like if you made cream of wheat really thick, like a gel almost,
and haupia is coconut, so the cold coconut ice cream melts a bit on the warm kulolo and it is SUPER GOOD.

Sounds awesome in paradise!!!

So got my FBI criminal check back to be a volunteer. Not sure I want to go on because of course the misdemeanors or paraphranellia and possession of marijuana is on there. Granted it says both were dismissed but my wife says they won't let me volunteer with those on there. I think since it was about 20 yrs ago and they were dismissed that it should be no problem. Of course the big felony was off

Bad day yesterday. I did not get to go see the cats. Just as I was getting ready to leave, the lady e-mailed me and said my application was not complete. I e-mailed back to ask what was missing. She did not respond for over two hours. When I talked to her and told her I could find nothing that I had missed even with the printed copy, she said she was reading it on her phone so maybe that was the problem. HELLO!! I gave her the answers to those questions (that she will see are already answered when she looks at it). I was pissed. It was then too late to go. I was so upset. I drove to Petsmart and looked at the cats there, but they were all kittens. CUTE but I want an older cat (or two). Because of work, I won't get to go see the ones I wanted to until Friday. (I am trying not to be upset with them for not responding to e-mails for days. They are volunteers.)

Looking at all those cats (yeah, I surfed for others all day) is very hard. This world is a very mean, ugly place sometimes. There are SO, SO many animals that need to be loved.

I am in a deep blue funk today. I am even skipping church.

Yes, I am avoiding people and the world today. So sue me.

So got my FBI criminal check back to be a volunteer. Not sure I want to go on because of course the misdemeanors or paraphranellia and possession of marijuana is on there. Granted it says both were dismissed but my wife says they won't let me volunteer with those on there. I think since it was about 20 yrs ago and they were dismissed that it should be no problem. Of course the big felony was off

IF you want to volunteer at school, it may not matter that they were dismissed. They are pretty strict about things sometimes. You know you are good, but they don't.

I sent my lawyer an email to see what's up. I might need to just go to district and see what they say. Hope for the best. Or wait 10 yrs then I don't need to do the FBI check. Granted then they will be in HS so they probably wouldn't want me to volunteer anyway....

I sent my lawyer an email to see what's up. I might need to just go to district and see what they say. Hope for the best. Or wait 10 yrs then I don't need to do the FBI check. Granted then they will be in HS so they probably wouldn't want me to volunteer anyway....

This also brings up I guess I won't apply to any districts for any jobs even driving the buses....

Checking first might be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom