Page 4543 of 4632 FirstFirst ... 354340434443449345334541454245434544454545534593 ... LastLast
Results 45,421 to 45,430 of 46320

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    Draft? Every male is supposed to register at 18 but it's not a draft is it?
    They say it's not a draft, but you have to sign up for it (and "it" is a draft when enacted), so is it a draft?, I'd say so. By the way, if you don't register, they really punk on you down the road, ie. no SS benefits, etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    They say it's not a draft, but you have to sign up for it (and "it" is a draft when enacted), so is it a draft?, I'd say so. By the way, if you don't register, they really punk on you down the road, ie. no SS benefits, etc.
    My son registered. I'm still perplexed why my daughters didn't have to.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I could use some pohomojo. Going to SC to see Zack and then I have a interview on Monday.
    >~=}>~=~=~>}}}}>>>~}>Scarecrow
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Grail ukes are like that. One uke to rule them all is what I told Beau after playing mine for a few months. Seriously, my other ukes are languishing.
    This is why I am so happy my CR is a five string. There are still times I will want to play my Pono. There will be times I want to play my six string.
    And I have a couple of nice concerts for when I need a high G traditional ukulele sound.
    Otherwise? Absolutely. This is the one.
    Funny because in my mind, when I get my Moore Bettah,
    a double puka 5 string is always what I imagined I would ask Chuck to build for me. To have this drop in my lap, from pretty much the only other person I wanted an ukulele from, and it is a 5 string, well you get the idea.
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    Apparently Sesame Street premiered 48 years ago today?
    Yes and I was a loyal viewer!
    Compass Rose 5 string

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    I'm really curious about 5-strings. I'd love to get my hands on one to get a feel for the sound and how they play. Are you able to pick the double G course individually? I've even wondered about modding my cocobolo concert uke for a double G course. It'd take a tuner, a nut slot, and a hole in the tie bridge. Of course it would look like a kludge.
    The strings are very close together,
    they act as one. The strings are closer together on my CR than on any other ukulele I have seen with doubled strings. In fact they go through the same hole in the string-through bridge and are separated on the bridge by a vertical pin, never seen that before either.
    It just adds a little something extra, I really dig it.
    Especially the harmonics.
    Last night I was practicing how to hit the harmonics in the middle of a riff, something I have wanted to pull off for a couple of songs in my repertoire, and it is much easier on this ukulele.
    Look out Jeff Peterson!
    Compass Rose 5 string

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I just noticed your avatar. Where is that from? Your look super happy.
    Silly Gary! It is from everyone's happy place who has ever been - as Bryan says, if you know you know!
    It is my happy place too.
    The only picture of me smiling while I am playing. Does that help?
    Compass Rose 5 string

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Last night Bryan did an imitation of HOJ, it was hilarious.
    I can totally imagine that!
    Compass Rose 5 string

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I could use some pohomojo. Going to SC to see Zack and then I have a interview on Monday.
    Ypu got it. Back to sc?

"And I play dress up every Sunday and try to make the case for an invisible friend" PereBourik

Mahalo to all the PoHo veterans for your service!
    Compass Rose 5 string

Thread Information