Page 4568 of 4632 FirstFirst ... 356840684468451845584566456745684569457045784618 ... LastLast
Results 45,671 to 45,680 of 46320

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    That's more than my house payment. BUT I am not living in Hawaii, either . . .
    I'll just leave this right here:

This is from a news report the other day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gyosh; 11-13-2017 at 05:16 AM.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I'll just leave this right here:

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 6.14.21 AM.jpg

This is from a news report the other day.
    This is the reason why the Bay Area is facing a huge teacher shortage also. Also manufacturing jobs and stuff like that are getting priced out of the area as well.
    Last edited by gyosh; 11-13-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    Freeda, I loved that post you made "out there" about musicianship.
    Lately I have been taking that to heart.
    Pushing myself to memorize songs frees the chore of reading from the sheet and allows more brainpower for telling the story.
    Still need to work on long term retention though.
    I was just thinking I would have a pretty rich repertoire if I could recall any of my Seasons videos at will.
    That really is the payoff of memorization. And it's a worthy goal for that reason alone.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Two bedroom for 1700? Not where I live.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    I think we may need to extend the length of it . . .
    That's what she said.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Quote Originally Posted by tigersister View Post
    Hello! My dance card has been full lately. I do check in for short periods from time to time, but I havenít had the mental energy to post lately or keep up. Sorry.
    We love you anyway. Update us on how business is progressing!

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    This. APAP machines sense when you breathe in and just give the airway pressure when you inhale. CPAP machines have a constant pressure. It's much easier to exhale with an APAP.
    I wonder if I should ask if spouse should switch to apap?

Man, this catchup was way too short for its intended purpose - procrastinating cleaning.

Here I go.

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    Two bedroom for 1700? Not where I live.
    Actually that got me curious and I just spent time looking for an apartment around where I teach.

No dice.

I can rent in the crappy area I already live in but nowhere close to school. I don't know how people do it?! Apartments down the street from my school start at $3.5K and some are as high as $5K

I'm pretty sure that $3.5K is about what a first year teacher brings home.

Passionately Untalented

I just chatted with the second year teacher across the hall from me. She said going to college she could live on her own by waitressing and working retail while going to school.

She said last year she had to move back in with her parents because she couldn't afford much more than rent and food and that was with eating at her parent's house all the time (her mom teaches history in another school in our district so her parents are close; in fact her mom brings her lunch some time, so cute).

Passionately Untalented

Thread Information