::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at a baritone I had hanging on my wall today. The g string was broken, as wound strings do. I looked around and ordered D'Addario EJ88B Nyltech Baritone Ukulele Strings from Musicians Friend. The package they show says that the strings are made in the USA. How 'bout that?

Hmmm, I checked out another brand of strings last week that said made in the USA, when I examined more closely I saw that the envelope that they came in was what was made in the USA, more than a little misleading.

Jerry -- my internet isn't working today which bums me out as I can't read the "get over yourselves, Koa sucks" thread on FB. What I've seen is very amusing.

Jerry -- my internet isn't working today which bums me out as I can't read the "get over yourselves, Koa sucks" thread on FB. What I've seen is very amusing.

He took it down.

He pm'd me to thank me for welcoming him when everyone else was "attacking" him. Guitar guy. I pointed out that Uke people aren't the same as guitar people. Not as catty. Not as condescending. I told him we would welcome an Ovation on UU. He totally got that.

If you've never been on a guitar forum, they are totally snobby and condescending to people who play Ovation guitars. I think he'll be back. Kinder and gentler for the experience.

Aloha Kakahiaka!
The Guild guys liked my CR.
Manny Halican also brought one of the ukulele he just finished and will be displaying at the show. Gorgeous!
Torrefied Maple neck, koa binding, Brazilian rosewood back and sides, quilted mohagany top. The 3-D effect in all the wood everywhere was nuts. Perfect pore filling and high gloss mirror finish. It is the best quality work I have seen him do to date. Beautiful rosette as well. He is selling it for $2500 and it would easily go higher...

Of course they had snacks. It was a party after all.

Did I ever post my pic here of the Donner Summit Picnic Area sign?

They took it down a few years ago but until then it gave me a little chuckle overtime I drove over the pass.

Aloha Kakahiaka!
The Guild guys liked my CR.
Manny Halican also brought one of the ukulele he just finished and will be displaying at the show. Gorgeous!
Torrefied Maple neck, koa binding, Brazilian rosewood back and sides, quilted mohagany top. The 3-D effect in all the wood everywhere was nuts. Perfect pore filling and high gloss mirror finish. It is the best quality work I have seen him do to date. Beautiful rosette as well. He is selling it for $2500 and it would easily go higher...

Did they notice the floating fret board? Or the CF reinforced bracing?

Joe Souza told me to walk behind his tent back to the HMS tent when I was there with my CR so the guild guys wouldn't copy some of it's features. :biglaugh:

I have my CR with me in my classroom today so I can go straight to the kanikapila tonight.

Morning kids. Big grand Reopening at the school tonight. Busy, busy, busy today.

Tammy and Konah are off the LA today. They wanna see the La Brea Tar Pits and the Walk of Fame.
They loved Disneyland.

Did they notice the floating fret board? Or the CF reinforced bracing?

Joe Souza told me to walk behind his tent back to the HMS tent when I was there with my CR so the guild guys wouldn't copy some of it's features. :biglaugh:

I pointed out the fret board. Did not mention anything about bracing.
Manny said he had heard of Rick - via Facebook :D

Morning kids. Big grand Reopening at the school tonight. Busy, busy, busy today.

Tammy and Konah are off the LA today. They wanna see the La Brea Tar Pits and the Walk of Fame.
They loved Disneyland.

James loved the La Brea Tar Pits. He kept running up that hill and doing summersaults all the way down. I was scared he'd roll through dog crap. They should do Universal. Tammy would love that.

Hmmm, I checked out another brand of strings last week that said made in the USA, when I examined more closely I saw that the envelope that they came in was what was made in the USA, more than a little misleading.

That might be the case here?

You still are at the house who's number ends in 09?

If you put a mirror in my CR you can see that the bracing on the top is tiny thin, and short and that every brace has a strip of carbon fiber on it as well.

I think NewPortRich's is braced the same way. One of ours was the first, I forget which one now. Probably mine. I think I got mine first. We were both stuck in that Jake/John/Rick time frame.

Did I ever post my pic here of the Donner Summit Picnic Area sign?

They took it down a few years ago but until then it gave me a little chuckle overtime I drove over the pass.

I think you did - but I can't remember. Please post again.

Work called....

So, now I guess I'll be building those shelves when I get done with work tonight. Elaine has been stuck parking outside since Sunday night, due to the garage painting. Moving everything to the center of the floor, away from the walls, made a real mess. If I can get these shelves up tonight, a lot of this stuff can go up, off of the floor, so that we can make room for her car again.

The weather is supposed to turn craptastic overnight, and I don't want her to have to leave her car out again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom