::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you do 250 a month for medical? We seriously have no clue. Luckily my FIL has a financial guy that is helping with the 403b stuff

Check your state regulations. In NC, the FSA is only for medical things - not child care. AND if you don't use it by the end of the year, you lose it. So, it pays to be careful in how much you decide on. Also, we decide on the yearly amount and then they take it out of the paycheck monthly - (I don't have to decide on how much a month).

Morning, Rob!

It has been really hot here, but today's forecast is for 82 degrees. That will be nice!

I have so much work to do: go through all my school stuff that is piled in my living room, write a sermon, clean house, e-mail resumes out, tons of yard work, get the car inspected.

Now for the energy to do any of that.

Guess I'd better get going!

Morning, Rob!

It has been really hot here, but today's forecast is for 82 degrees. That will be nice!

I have so much work to do: go through all my school stuff that is piled in my living room, write a sermon, clean house, e-mail resumes out, tons of yard work, get the car inspected.

We have been above average temp for most of this month. The last couple of days it has been nice. And the next few days should be the same.
Rain has been scarce. The storms come towards Chicago, do their thing on the western side of Chicago and then split and go north and south of us, or just peter out altogether. I need to keep putting water on the lawn and plants to keep them from turning brown. I don't want anything violent, just enough water to keep things green.
Seeing the sun every day is nice though. You don't know how much you miss it until you don't see it for a string of days.

Morning, Rob!

Prioritize, Jan! Get those resumes out, even if nothing else gets done....

Likewise. Luckily we don't have to often deal with uncomfortable heat, but it's scorching right now (By English standards). Makes it so hard to sleep.

Blimey! It must be at least 20c there! You are melting!

I don't like sleeping in a hot room. I also found I can't sleep in a room without air moving. Even on the field I had my portable battery powered fan blowing on me at night. My sister and I spent our last night there at a bed and breakfast. I drug the fan out of the bathroom and had it on my side of the bed so I could sleep.

We had a ceiling fan installed in our bedroom when we built the place. No light, just the fan. It is a godsend. Last night the house stayed uncomfortably warm until late.

Warm here too but we've got out portable AC running in the bedroom. Best money I ever spent.

I have two of those things.

One in James' room from when he was an infant and we bought another one last year for the living room. We were just out last night so when we got home it was miserably hot. I put an industrial fan pointing out to vent in one window and opened another on the opposite side of the house. It cooled down nicely.

I don't like sleeping in a hot room. I also found I can't sleep in a room without air moving. Even on the field I had my portable battery powered fan blowing on me at night. My sister and I spent our last night there at a bed and breakfast. I drug the fan out of the bathroom and had it on my side of the bed so I could sleep.

Me too!!!

Mika hates it because it dries out her eyes.

(not my fault she sleeps with her eyes open; creepy)

So you do 250 a month for medical? We seriously have no clue. Luckily my FIL has a financial guy that is helping with the 403b stuff

You probably don't need as much. I'm diabetic so all my meds. Glasses for all three of us now. Dental co-pays. All doctor co-pays actually.

Check your state regulations. In NC, the FSA is only for medical things - not child care. AND if you don't use it by the end of the year, you lose it. So, it pays to be careful in how much you decide on. Also, we decide on the yearly amount and then they take it out of the paycheck monthly - (I don't have to decide on how much a month).

FSA is only for medical true, but there is also FSA for child care. It's a separate account but same idea. My district maxes you out at 5K. It costs much more than that around here. Kenvin has three kids. 5K is a drop in the bucket.

FSA is only for medical true, but there is also FSA for child care. It's a separate account but same idea. My district maxes you out at 5K. It costs much more than that around here. Kenvin has three kids. 5K is a drop in the bucket.

Oregon also doesn't have roll over - use it or lose it. I did it one year and while I got all my money back I'm so disorganized that it was a near thing that I found all my receipts and got things in on time. We don't do it just for that practical reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom