::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike video touch screens in cars. I much prefer analog gauges and mechanical switches. It's not that I dislike ALL modern technology in cars. I like ABS brakes, and Bluetooth phone systems, for example. But, I want less technology in the way I interface with the car....

I have just the car for you!

c4c58648186508e6fb9f4fc9122c2fef.jpg

I've been to the Y. In five or ten minutes off to the doctor for my yearly "how ya doin' ".

Perhaps it's due to my age, but I find phone screens to be too small to be of much use to me. I do very well on my tablet with the forum, and with Google research, etc. Probably only a function of the limitations of eyesight and manual dexterity, though....

I don't even like reading paperbacks anymore.

Last night was the second lesson with my little 5 year old student. I went in not expecting much. Boy, was I in for a surprise! It was immediately apparent she had been working hard the past 2 weeks. You shoulda seen her form the G7 chord!

If any of you know some nice 2 chord songs, let me know.

Last night was the second lesson with my little 5 year old student. I went in not expecting much. Boy, was I in for a surprise! It was immediately apparent she had been working hard the past 2 weeks. You shoulda seen her form the G7 chord!

Buffalo Gals

Jambalaya....

Eensy Weensy Spider (F, C7)
Mary Had a Little Lamb (C, G7)
Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone? (A7, D)
Row, Row, Row Your Boat (C, G7)
Skip To My Lou (C, G7)
Three Blind Mice (C, G7)

Last edited:
There are a bunch of three chord songs that would be fun, too:

The Alphabet Song (C, F, G7)
Bas, Baa, Black Sheep (C, F, G7)
Old MacDonald Had a Farm (G, C, D7)
This Old Man (C, F, G7)
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star (C, F, G7)

Sukie, all of those songs I listed are in the original Daily Ukulele book; the yellow one....
Thanks for all the suggestions, people.

I do have the yellow book (who doesn't?).

I just ordered her some of the Aquila coloured strings. She's excited about them. I'll put them on after the next lesson. Then we can start a little bit of fingerpicking. It'll be way better to tell her to pick on the red string versus the G string, don't you think?

I dislike video touch screens in cars. I much prefer analog gauges and mechanical switches. It's not that I dislike ALL modern technology in cars. I like ABS brakes, and Bluetooth phone systems, for example. But, I want less technology in the way I interface with the car....

I can only speak for/from the Kia brand automobile, most of the controls are on the steering wheel. Including one that activates the voice commands. This is on every Kia car built in resent history.

What's for breakfast?

I had an egg white omelet on an English muffin. And a bowl of spoon sized shredded wheat.

I don't even like reading paperbacks anymore.

I only read on my Kindle anymore. There's other apps on it also. Weather, news, music (downloaded or streaming), e mail, Gas Buddy, calendar, I'm posting on it right now.

Thank you for the birthday wishes Rob, Don, and Sukie. I'm at work today all day. I'm one to usually celebrate all month long but not this year, for some reason. Just not feeling it. I'm not sad, just busy. I think it's because I've had so many things going on; Michael leaving and getting ready for my business to get rolling. We're headed off to Joshua Tree on Sunday for 6 days of camping so I'm really looking forward to that. The girls have been pestering me to plan something to celebrate...I think they'll be over for dinner tonite.

Oh! Michael called yesterday. He starts Boot camp today so we won't hear from him for quite a while now. It was so good to hear his voice. He got to talk to his Dad this time so I was happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom