::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is school Jon?

I am taking a history class this term and loving it. The bonus is the final assignment for the class is a dramatic interpretation of a historical figure from the time period (1st - 13th centuries). I'm going to be doing Pope Urban II, who launched the crusades.

I am taking a history class this term and loving it. The bonus is the final assignment for the class is a dramatic interpretation of a historical figure from the time period (1st - 13th centuries). I'm going to be doing Pope Urban II, who launched the crusades.

I love history, I'm currently reading "That Dark and Bloody River" which is more or less the history of the Ohio River.

You get to dress up?

I love history, I'm currently reading "That Dark and Bloody River" which is more or less the history of the Ohio River.

Christian history is fascinating. It's amazing to see how the corruption really started to flow when Constantine put a stop to persecutions and gave Christianity "most favored religion" status.

You get to dress up?

The professor has said that would be a definite help to your grade. As far as she's concerned, the more dramatic and the more stagecraft the better. Her first master's degree is in theater education; she would love nothing more than a full-on play. She's awesome.

We're having company today, and I'll be cooking dinner for the four of us. I'm planning grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, marinated in brown sugar barbeque sauce. I've already made carrot raisin salad, and have started on the Sunshine Potato Salad.

It has quartered red new potatoes (the little round ones), fresh green beans, chopped yellow bell pepper and red onion, and a tarragon vinegar dressing with garlic and oregano.

Maybe some applesauce as a side dish. I hope they like it....

Sounds delicious, Don.

I took Nick's advice of adding fats to keep me satiated.

Today I had avocado on toast for breakfast. I was fine until lunch (rarity for me). At lunch I had a tuna sandwich and an apple. Right now for a snack, and only because I was peeling them, I had a hard boiled egg.

I find I don't like hard boiled eggs when they're cold. If I leave them out of the fridge to come to room temperature I like them much better.

Anyhow, I think the fat in the avocado and the mayo in the tuna salad did the trick. Or my faith in Nick's suggestion was like a placebo and I didn't get hungry today. Either way, today I didn't feel like I was starving between meals.

Believe in the process my friend. It's definitely the fat. :)

Fat slows down the digestion of carbohydrates, meaning your blood sugar stays more even and you're less hungry.

I removed myself from FED. I haven't posted in a while. When I started posting there, I stopped posting in my fitnesspal. I have been thinking of late that I should start tracking my calories again, and all this talk on here about nutrition tracking reminded me I haven't started back up yet. There's never a better time like the present when it's fresh on the brain, right?!! My breakfast, lunch, and snack have been logged. I blame you. Thanks!

Please don't do the eating 1200 calories per day thing. That's a surefire way to destroy your metabolism.

Women tend not to lose weight as fast or as easily as men do so you have to be in it for the long term and learn not to let the fluctuations in the scale discourage you. I've seen before and after pictures of a 12 week cut where there is a HUGE difference in appearance, but only a 5-6 lb. weight loss. When they post their weight logs you see a lot more fluctuation than with men, but the trend is still down.

Follow rp_transformations on Instagram for examples. It's super inspiring.

Christian history is fascinating. It's amazing to see how the corruption really started to flow when Constantine put a stop to persecutions and gave Christianity "most favored religion" status.

Yep. We've never been right after Constantine.

SUNSHINE POTATO SALAD

10 to 12 new potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), cut into fourths
Tarragon Dressing (below)
3/4 pound green beans
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 medium yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)

Place potatoes and 1/4 cup water in 2-quart microwavable casserole. Cover and microwave on High 10 to 12 minutes, rotating 1/2 turn every 5 minutes, until potatoes are tender; drain. Toss warm potatoes and Tarragon Dressing in large glass or plastic bowl.

Wash beans; remove ends. Place beans in 1 1/2-quart saucepan in 1 inch water (salted, if desired). Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Boil uncovered 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place beans in bowl of ice and water until cool; drain. Cut beans in half if desired.

Toss beans, onion and bell pepper with potato mixture. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours until chilled.

8 servings

TARRAGON DRESSING

1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped

Shake all ingredients in tightly covered container.

That sounds fantastic. I have a bunch of potatoes so I think I'll make this. Thanks Don!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom