::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking a break from Elaine's birthday project for the day. I way over-did it on Tuesday, and I'm still too sore to do it again.

It's mostly hamstrings, I guess you'd call it (the backs of my thighs and up into my butt), with the normal back troubles on top of that. My legs are so sore that everything's an issue: getting in and out of the truck, getting up and down from my recliner, getting on and off of the john, and even just walking. Forget about bending over to pick anything up, 'cause it ain't happening.

This has happened to me for at least the last thirty years, every time I do a project that involves lots of getting up and down from the floor. A couple more days and I'll be back to normal....

Remember I mentioned that we met a couple in Florida that live only about 40 minutes from here? We're going over to their house this afternoon to play cards and have dinner.

We've been taking turns, every 2-3 weeks. Last time, they came here....

I found out that the Buffalo VW club is having a big swap meet on Saturday. I've made arrangements to have a vending spot, so I can take the remainder of my VW parts to try to sell.

Today I got cash from the bank to be able to make change. Saturday morning, early, I'll load up the truck with parts, tables, a lunch and a cooler, and head out bright and early. I think the drive will be between and hour and an hour and a half.

I really need these parts to go away. If I can sell the few big ticket items I have left, I'll try to sell everything I have left to another vendor, and call it a job well done....

Then, on Monday, my buddy and I are going to Toronto for the day. We'll leave really early, because there's a weekly uke get together at 11 am, called the "kick start". I guess they mean that a uke meet-up is a good way to kick start your week.

Then, in the afternoon,we're meeting up with a mutual friend who lives there, but cannot travel, for health reasons. We'll spend a few hours with him after lunch.

Then we intend to shop some music stores, looking at ukes and stuff.

The big bonus? In the evening on Monday is a big monthly uke get-together! Part open mic, part sing/strum along. This is all part of the Corktown Uke Jam.

That ends at 11 pm. Then we'll crash for the night at a hotel, and drive home Tuesday morning....

The currency exchange rate is quite favorable, right now. You can buy a Canadian dollar for 74 cents, American.

Time to look for that new uke case I've been wanting....:D

I had a haircut this morning, and now I've got the itchy-scratchies. I'd better hop in the shower again, before we go out....

I found out that the Buffalo VW club is having a big swap meet on Saturday. I've made arrangements to have a vending spot, so I can take the remainder of my VW parts to try to sell.

Today I got cash from the bank to be able to make change. Saturday morning, early, I'll load up the truck with parts, tables, a lunch and a cooler, and head out bright and early. I think the drive will be between and hour and an hour and a half.

I really need these parts to go away. If I can sell the few big ticket items I have left, I'll try to sell everything I have left to another vendor, and call it a job well done....

Sounds fun.....did you ask about their gun policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom