::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from LAX. Picked up Michael. He’s home for 10 days, yay! This Mom is happy!

So when I got home I decided to.try taking the busted TVs to the recycling center near my house that says on the Honolulu City and County website accepts e

I found an old guy two counties over that still actually fixes stuff. t w o c o u n t i e s o v e r

A few days ago I came downstairs and Tookta was shucking a big pile of garlic, I asked what it was for, she said "rotten pork" I'm sure it just doesn't translate well....

So when I got home I decided to.try taking the busted TVs to the recycling center near my house that says on the Honolulu City and County website accepts e

I found an old guy two counties over that still actually fixes stuff. t w o c o u n t i e s o v e r

I used to be that guy myself.
Hard to find those parts here.
Even online, lots of places either do not ship here or it costs a fortune.
Sad that my 50" plasma TV, which looked amazing even at 720p, would probably be fixed and run another 10 years for about $300.
My new 55" LED TV, with 2160p resolution, was $279, and uses 1/10th of the electricity.
It still hurt throwing it away, I know the panel still works and it is a good product, but I was unable to get any recycling or donation place to take it.

I just heard that Nanilei's younger sister's dog died last night. He was an adorable Pomeranian named Nigel.
He was about 14, he was such an old man, so it was time,
but like those things always are it is still bad timing.

Poor thing, she has had a rough year.
Her (pretty serious) boyfriend turned out to be an asshole, her mom had a major health scare, and her dad had cancer and a stroke (he's recovering) but all this stuff went down it feels like just in the last few months. She did not need this right now.

I used to have one of those gigantic old projection TVs. When I replaced it, I tried to donate it and absolutely nobody wanted it. I ended up paying $100 to have it recycled.

I used to be that guy myself.
Hard to find those parts here.
Even online, lots of places either do not ship here or it costs a fortune.
Sad that my 50" plasma TV, which looked amazing even at 720p, would probably be fixed and run another 10 years for about $300.
My new 55" LED TV, with 2160p resolution, was $279, and uses 1/10th of the electricity.
It still hurt throwing it away, I know the panel still works and it is a good product, but I was unable to get any recycling or donation place to take it.

May I just say again how much I love where I live?
Not only was I able to get an ocean swim, catch some waves, and get a little sun before I did a bit of grocery shopping and some Xmas shopping, but I also had a wonderful experience at the beach.
I realized this morning that this was the last day of 2017 that I would be able to go to the beach.
I fly to California on Thursday, and it is supposed to rain the rest of the week.
I thought about going to the big beach, but opted for old man lagoon again.
So I went there, went for a swim, showered, grabbed my dry clothes and towel out of the locker, and I thought I would go grab my ukulele and play a little.
I could not find the car keys!
Checked the towel, the shirt, the locker, the bathroom,
no luck. Walked to the car, hoping Helen was still there, and she was there, and locked.
I figure I must have locked the keys in the trunk. I had my phone so I was just about to call AAA when I had the thought of asking the lifeguard if anyone turned in any car keys.
Yes!
Someone up there is really watching out for me.
Just thankful that there are still some good people in this world!

May I just say again how much I love where I live?
Not only was I able to get an ocean swim, catch some waves, and get a little sun before I did a bit of grocery shopping and some Xmas shopping, but I also had a wonderful experience at the beach.
I realized this morning that this was the last day of 2017 that I would be able to go to the beach.
I fly to California on Thursday, and it is supposed to rain the rest of the week.
I thought about going to the big beach, but opted for old man lagoon again.
So I went there, went for a swim, showered, grabbed my dry clothes and towel out of the locker, and I thought I would go grab my ukulele and play a little.
I could not find the car keys!
Checked the towel, the shirt, the locker, the bathroom,
no luck. Walked to the car, hoping Helen was still there, and she was there, and locked.
I figure I must have locked the keys in the trunk. I had my phone so I was just about to call AAA when I had the thought of asking the lifeguard if anyone turned in any car keys.
Yes!
Someone up there is really watching out for me.
Just thankful that there are still some good people in this world!

There ARE still good people out the, despite what the evening news would have us believe!

Glad it worked out for you, Damon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom