::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too casual?

Gary Yoshida is a father, husband, and veteran educator currently sharing his passion of literature and foods at Homestead High School in Cupertino. In addition to inspiring young minds to share his passion to write well and eat good, he has also devoted sixteen years to coaching the boy's varsity golf team as well as laying the groundwork for starting the girl's golf program at Homestead.

At the age of 29, after a fun and successful "pre-career" as a sushi chef, Gary panicked that he hadn't gone to college so he enrolled at San Jose State University and pursued a BA in English Literature, a teaching credential and soon after, a MA in Instructional Design.

Gary hopes to use his 20+ years of educational background and coaching experience to create opportunities for local youth to "play, learn and grow" through athletics.

"eat good"? also needs more ukulele.

This weekend I was at a big festival and I got a text from my sister; "walk directly to Roy's station (local coffee shop) but walk along the sidewalk and don't go into the street. Don't text back, do it NOW!"

So I walk over there at a fast pace because I thought something had happened. When I get to the coffee shop my other sister texts "Now cross the street and meet me in the back parking lot of the restaurant."

So it turns out they had seen my ex wife and were giving me directions to avoid her. So funny! I could care less if I see her. She was nuts, but that was also a lifetime ago.

I had James with me and my sisters didn't want me to have to explain to him who she was.

Hilarious, reminds of that movie where the guy had to run from one location to another in time to save a hostage or something.

I do have a lot of vacation time, still. I could plan a day...and come to UWC...like maybe the night everyone goes to the bar, or something...if it's on a night that Naomi is at her dad's... we do a 2,2,3 arrangement with her....so since I don't have her that weekend...that means I will have her on Wednesday and Thursday. Anything going on Tuesday??

Wednesday is Porthole night, Thursday is cocktails with Ken Middleton on the field.

:eek:ld:
I know, right? I've already had to replace the cartridge in the master bathroom shower. And the powder room faucet is shot. We didn't go high end with fixtures - but we didn't go bargain basement, either. *puts on old man hat* They don't make things like they used to.

And give me back my hat, dammit!! :D

Wait. Wut?

I must have joined the thread just after that. I don't remember any moving stories.

Let's see...we built a house in 2012 - 2013 - moved in April of 2013. We knew of a vacant lot in a neighborhood we really wanted to live in. We had approached the owners about 8 years prior to that but they didn't want to sell. We approached them again in 2012 and they were ready to sell on the condition their son would be our builder. That's who we intended to work with anyway, so it worked out nicely.

What happened to the Asia trip?

My inlaws don't want to go because the Kumamoto area had that big earthquake last year. That was their excuse anyhow. I think with the internet they're not so gung ho on showing off James any more. They send videos and pictures that we send them.

Something has to break around here. 105K is low income?! In San Jose the number is 85K so I'm barely above being designated "low income". So I have an undergrad and a grad degree and a job that is considered "professional" yet I'm barely above that low income designation and Im maxed out on the pay scale so that means younger teachers are considered low income.

something has to break this bubble
but it's been that way for a long time in the Bay Area. Whe I moved there in '84 I transferred there without a raise. After being there for two months I called my boss in tears demanding a raise. I just couldn't make it on my income. He agreed and gave me a raise.

End of June to the middle of July. Coming home the Tuesday after the festival.

breaking the bank and taking the inlaws on one more trip

We're working up our family vacation for this year - we are going to do a road trip to Monterey and points in between. Stopping at Brookings, Eureka, Bay Area, Monterey, Redding, Ashland, Roseburg. Some of those (ahem, Redding) are just stopping points to break up the drive. We will spend a couple nights in the Bay Area and in Roseburg. Early August, probably. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival will be doing Disney's Beauty and the Beast, so we're going to catch that in Ashland. Probably the ONLY production they've ever put on that Annie would be willing to sit through.

but it's been that way for a long time in the Bay Area. Whe I moved there in '84 I transferred there without a raise. After being there for two months I called my boss in tears demanding a raise. I just couldn't make it on my income. He agreed and gave me a raise.

but the last five/ ten years have been CRAZY with inflation of housing.

We're working up our family vacation for this year - we are going to do a road trip to Monterey and points in between. Stopping at Brookings, Eureka, Bay Area, Monterey, Redding, Ashland, Roseburg. Some of those (ahem, Redding) are just stopping points to break up the drive. We will spend a couple nights in the Bay Area and in Roseburg. Early August, probably. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival will be doing Disney's Beauty and the Beast, so we're going to catch that in Ashland. Probably the ONLY production they've ever put on that Annie would be willing to sit through.

Very cool.

Let me know when you're around this area. I might be back in school already. I think we start Aug. 9th.

I know, right? I've already had to replace the cartridge in the master bathroom shower. And the powder room faucet is shot. We didn't go high end with fixtures - but we didn't go bargain basement, either. *puts on old man hat* They don't make things like they used to.

All the door knobs have been replaced in our "manufactured" home. It's been 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom