::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not looking forward to work this afternoon. I'm feeling lazy, and would love to just go relax at home. Four hours on my feet just don't seem very appealing right now....

That was Sunday. Here's what I did today!

My fingertips are just a bit sore. Man, you have to be so accurate on the guitar :D
I have a feeling I will be switching back and forth more often now.
Mahalo DeG!

Do you always play your guitar capoed at the fifth fret? You'd just use uke chord shapes then, right?

Capos mess me up. I know that the chord shapes remain the same. But the chord names are different and I lose track of the key.

Theory! Theory! Theory!

Do you always play your guitar capoed at the fifth fret? You'd just use uke chord shapes then, right?

Neil actually plays that song at VI.
So I figured I would give it a shot. The fact that it is more or less Ukulele shapes for the name of the chord (plus a #) just made it a bit easier to remember, although you can clearly see me get lost a couple times.
I was surprised after only a couple of hours a lot came flooding back. The power and volume of guitar was still quite a surprise, and frankly a little intoxicating. Once I was reliably able to hit G C Am transition I hit record :D
Strings are so much closer together!

Oh, to answer your question, that was the first time I had ever used a capo. I got one as a freebie at NAMM maybe 15 years ago and it has been in my gig bag ever since!

I go before the session next lords day and get examined and tested. Not that some of you might not know what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom