::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly close to a PhD but I can neither afford it nor will it do anything to improve my earnings.

"I have Dr. Yoshida for cooking." would crack me up though.

Seriously, though, after graduating college, I decided to spend a year to decide what I would go to grad school for. That year has now extended to 34 years and counting, and I've had a pretty good career in the interim. The only time it's ever been an issue was when I got an offer to teach an undergraduate class in my field, which was in part based around my book. The offer was then rescinded because I didn't have a Master's degree, which was required to be on faculty. That irony was so delicious that I ate it with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

I'm just appalled at how much a college education costs these days. Back then you paid tuition and then books. Now they charge per unit in addition to the tuition.

San Jose State costs $7, 418.00/semester this year for tuition and $396.00 PER unit. If I had to pay for college today I would most likely be a truck driver or a janitor somewhere.

The accrued interest on student loans is the killer. It is robbery.

Seriously, though, after graduating college, I decided to spend a year to decide what I would go to grad school for. That year has now extended to 34 years and counting, and I've had a pretty good career in the interim. The only time it's ever been an issue was when I got an offer to teach an undergraduate class in my field, which was in part based around my book. The offer was then rescinded because I didn't have a Master's degree, which was required to be on faculty. That irony was so delicious that I ate it with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

What book? What did you write about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom