::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I apologized to my class for them not getting my best this year. I told them about my heart condition today and there were many tears. Even one boy was welling up and trying not to cry. It was sweet.

They had many questions.

Yeah, but who cares. Mai tais are wet too.

Are you going to Hilo at all to see the Craft fair and all the activities surrounding Merrie Monarch?
All our musical friends are there.
We have to go one year.
We may not even go to the event itself.
Now we have learned it is really about the craft fair and all the spontaneous pop-up jam sessions at places like the Naniloa Hotel and other random spots that are really the things we want to see.
Sort of Canoe Hut on steroids for a whole week.
That's what we really want to experience.

Are you going to Hilo at all to see the Craft fair and all the activities surrounding Merrie Monarch?
All our musical friends are there.
We have to go one year.
We may not even go to the event itself.
Now we have learned it is really about the craft fair and all the spontaneous pop-up jam sessions at places like the Naniloa Hotel and other random spots that are really the things we want to see.
Sort of Canoe Hut on steroids for a whole week.
That's what we really want to experience.

I might have to meet you there and tag along :)

Yesterday I was helping James with his homework. He's learning to multiply fractions. It's so bizarre. He knows how to reduce fractions but couldn't wrap his head around simplifying fractions before multiplying them. I think the term I learned was "cross cancelling"

I think we need to do more practice today so he understands.

So this is why I kept all my health stuff from staff all this time.

My kids must have started outing me already. A couple teachers have dropped by my classroom like they're offering condolences.

I know they mean well, but this is why I was keeping it to myself. I don't need people feeling sorry for me.

Philly cheesesteak for lunch!

Except I had lettuce for bread.

An no cheese.

Seasoned with Mrs. Dash and some ketchup/mayo mix.

Maybe I just had a salad topped with steak meat?!

Mailman update!
Don and Elaine are currently heading back north from Florida.
They are about to stop at his daughter's residence in Virginia.
Once he gets back home he will have internet access again and won't be so scarce.
He was touched that we care enough to call.

Thank you Damon!

Reading Taming of the Shrew with my English class and I had them discuss gender roles and stereotypes and they had a great discussion going on about Katharine from the story and they listed a lot of her traits as negative.

I popped a picture of Emma Gonzalez on the screen and all the attributes they talked about for Katherine got turned to positives for Emma.

Which lead to a great discussion about how we perceive women.

It was a good teaching day in English.

Good morning Lynn.

Every time I see "Sister Lynn" I think of Sally Field although that wasn't her name in The Flying Nun.

I could only hope to look like Sally Field. Unfortunately,...nope. Have to settle for being me.:eek:ld:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom