::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick too, could feel it coming on yesterday. Head full of snot, feeling like crap and of course the weekend is supposed to be beautiful.

Go out and soak up some sunshine. Do a few cartwheels in the yard. You'll be back in shape in no time.

I just ate for the first time since yesterday's lunch. I thought the worst was over with yesterday, but I was mistaken. I'm making sure I stay hydrated, but I'm not much interested in eating (what's the point?). I know I need to eat something, and I did, but I'm not looking forward to the consequences....

Have you taken Imodium?

Thanks, Gary. I'm thinking this has nothing to do with the severe head cold I started out with. The head cold is gone, but now this.

I'm thinking it must be something I ate?
if it was bad food that would be done by now. You got a bug.

Early morning blood draw. Then I have 3 massages.

Too damn early for this crap.

Imodium really isn't a good idea unless you are traveling or something and need to plug things up. There is good reason your body wants that stuff out of you.

Don, I'd suggest some rice soup, usually stays down and replaces some liquids.

I am always about rice when I am not so good. Nice bland and stops things...

Imodium really isn't a good idea unless you are traveling or something and need to plug things up. There is good reason your body wants that stuff out of you.

Don, I'd suggest some rice soup, usually stays down and replaces some liquids.

Back to infancy basics: BRAT diet; bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.

Today is the Anglers' Club fish fry dinner. Elaine is really looking forward to it. She had it last year, and really liked it. I'm not a fish eater, and I'm not eating much right now, anyway.

Before the fish fry, we have something else going on. We bought a membership to Bok Tower Gardens, a big park and botanical gardens place near here. Look it up online, it's cool!

Today is Founder's Day there, and people who are members are allowed to actually enter the tower. We've visited there many times, but this will be our first opportunity to go inside the tower. We're looking forward to it!

Now I just need my system to cooperate, for just a little while....

That place looks so cool! I hope your system does cooperate!

if it was bad food that would be done by now. You got a bug.

When I had salmonella it took 5 days just to start feeling better. The doctor told me it could be up to 3 months before I was completely back to normal (thankfully it was much less than that).

I just watched Sally's post on FB about the Cheeto "answering" the "unfair question" about anti-Semitism.
He is so myopic and narcissistic he does not even listen to the question. He cuts off the gentleman and proceeds to defend himself, which was not even the point of the question had he bothered to listen. When the next person points that out, he gets even more bombastic.
This cannot end well.
I try not to be political but I really feel this has nothing to do with politics.
This man simply does not have the necessary skills to effectively communicate and be in the position he is in.
OK I'm done, I just had to say something.

I just watched Sally's post on FB about the Cheeto "answering" the "unfair question" about anti-Semitism.
He is so myopic and narcissistic he does not even listen to the question. He cuts off the gentleman and proceeds to defend himself, which was not even the point of the question had he bothered to listen. When the next person points that out, he gets even more bombastic.
This cannot end well.
I try not to be political but I really feel this has nothing to do with politics.
This man simply does not have the necessary skills to effectively communicate and be in the position he is in.
OK I'm done, I just had to say something.

I'm thinking it will end well and soon!

Wow. That is crazy easy!! I think I can do it. Do you put your pi in a case too?? Is any seller of ras berry pi good or did you go with one particular? Looks like newest ken project to do!!!

It's super easy. I put my pi in the standard pi case from their organization, but if you have a 3D printer you can print yourself a cool mini nintendo case or something.

I got the canakit off Amazon. It's a little pricey at $80 but it gives you everything you need. You can do it cheaper if you don't get it as a kit. The hardware is standard so as long as you get a pi 3b board you're good to go.

Early morning blood draw. Then I have 3 massages.

Too damn early for this crap.

I had a blood draw today (4 vials!) and a urinalysis to boot. I filled the specimen jar to the top and was tempted to ask for another one. Mini-Kidney is small but feisty.

When I had salmonella it took 5 days just to start feeling better. The doctor told me it could be up to 3 months before I was completely back to normal (thankfully it was much less than that).

Yeah, actual food poisoning is brutal!

Last edited:
Yeah, actual food poisoning is brutal!

And speaking of food poisoning.

I was just doing a demo for my class on "dredging" and I was making myself tonkatsu (breaded pork cutlet) that I was going to have for lunch. When I opened the package I could immediately smell an off odor and the meat was a little "sticky." Not quite slimy but sticky. I tossed it.

So bummed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom