::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to take awhile. She now has a bird watching over her (garden stake) and some hearts for Valentine's Day on her grave. Makes me feel a little better - like I can still do things for her in a way or still show my love for her. I know that sounds weird, but it helps right now.
Nope. It's whatever works.

We had Nemo cremated. I brought the box home -- do NOT ever pick up cremains in the middle of the day. Always go just before they close. Seriously. Why cause an unnecessary scene involving deep howling sobs around people and their babies when given the box? -- and had a service before we buried him in his favourite spot. But the only way I could do it was to save a few ashes in a special container I got. The finality was just too much for me. The container with the ashes is somewhere in the house now, but it sure was necessary back then.
Whatever helps you.

Oh look. A cat.

Cat_zpswng9jpjx.png

Ha ha ha ha! I totally forgot about your disdain for felines!

Thank you.

We had Nemo cremated. I brought the box home -- do NOT ever pick up cremains in the middle of the day. Always go just before they close. Seriously. Why cause an unnecessary scene involving deep howling sobs around people and their babies when given the box? -- and had a service before we buried him in his favourite spot. But the only way I could do it was to save a few ashes in a special container I got. The finality was just too much for me. The container with the ashes is somewhere in the house now, but it sure was necessary back then.
Whatever helps you.

I got horribly drunk after burying Kaya, intentionally so. Walked around outside for hours.

It's going to take awhile. She now has a bird watching over her (garden stake) and some hearts for Valentine's Day on her grave. Makes me feel a little better - like I can still do things for her in a way or still show my love for her. I know that sounds weird, but it helps right now.

Not weird at all.

Mike,

You have had perfect girls. I loved Kaya. Loved her. She was so gentle and beautiful. But Bella is so perfect, too. I don't know how you find each other.

Kaya (my last dog before Belly) was perfect, incredibly smart, loving, great guard dog. I could take her anywhere, I could take her downtown without a leash and never worry about her running after something or doing something dumb. When she was young, I was single and she was my constant companion. I was crushed when she died, even though she was really old and just a shadow of her former self. She died in August, I got Belly in April. Some of it was a practicality, I needed a dog around to watch the chickens and the house, but most of it was, I wanted another dog around. Dogs are awesome. You won't be replacing Ellie, you will be sharing your life with someone special again.

^yes. This.^

Mike,

You have had perfect girls. I loved Kaya. Loved her. She was so gentle and beautiful. But Bella is so perfect, too. I don't know how you find each other.

Another reason to travel to UWC. You get to meet BELLA! This is my Penny with her.

IMG_2654.jpg

Kaya (my last dog before Belly) was perfect, incredibly smart, loving, great guard dog. I could take her anywhere, I could take her downtown without a leash and never worry about her running after something or doing something dumb. When she was young, I was single and she was my constant companion. I was crushed when she died, even though she was really old and just a shadow of her former self. She died in August, I got Belly in April. Some of it was a practicality, I needed a dog around to watch the chickens and the house, but most of it was, I wanted another dog around. Dogs are awesome. You won't be replacing Ellie, you will be sharing your life with someone special again.

Just what Mike said!

Yeah, Ellie was perfect, too. She came to me starving for attention. I was starving for attention, too. We fit together perfectly. She got me through a divorce and other things. She will never be replaced.

I may consider sharing my life with someone special - but it will be awhile.

Whatever helps you.

Yeah, two shed claws are in a glass jar I bought and I am still picking hairs out of dryer lint. Putting it in the jar, too. Just makes me feel better to do something that represents her. I bought a new picture frame today, too. I will find the perfect picture of her to put in there.

That will take some time to find, though. I have about a zillion pictures of her . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom