::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
James' club team had their first tournament this past weekend. They haven't even scrimmaged and it was the first time these boys played together.

It. Was. Ugly.

Lost the first game 27-46, the second game they lead at halftime 18-14 but the second half the other team picked up a half court press and our kids fell apart.

The coaches expected to lose because our team doesn't even have any plays yet and the teams we played against are well established. To the credit of our boys, not one of them was down, they understood it was the first time playing together and they don't have an offense yet. Good kids.

James showed an aggressiveness on offense that we hadn't seen before. He missed almost all of his layups but he had about a dozen fantastic drives. The coaches liked what they saw out of our boys so I guess we got that going for us.

James' club team had their first tournament this past weekend. They haven't even scrimmaged and it was the first time these boys played together.

It. Was. Ugly.

Lost the first game 27-46, the second game they lead at halftime 18-14 but the second half the other team picked up a half court press and our kids fell apart.

The coaches expected to lose because our team doesn't even have any plays yet and the teams we played against are well established. To the credit of our boys, not one of them was down, they understood it was the first time playing together and they don't have an offense yet. Good kids.

James showed an aggressiveness on offense that we hadn't seen before. He missed almost all of his layups but he had about a dozen fantastic drives. The coaches liked what they saw out of our boys so I guess we got that going for us.

I'm so sad that it's going to be over soon. I'd love for him to have a couple of more years of highschool.

Just got back from my TSA Precheck appointment. With school meaning I'm flying to Denver at least three times a year and work usually twice a year and anything else that comes up - seemed like it would be worth it to avoid the extra security hassle.

I'm so sad that it's going to be over soon. I'd love for him to have a couple of more years of highschool.

Ben has been mentoring a kid who is a high school freshman this year and going into the special ed program that Ben went through. Ben's old caseworker put the two together.

Ben was working with the kid on homework yesterday. He got home and came up to me and said, "Dad, I just have to say thank you for putting up with me through all that homework and I'm sorry it was so hard. I think I'm starting to understand what I put you through."

Ben has been mentoring a kid who is a high school freshman this year and going into the special ed program that Ben went through. Ben's old caseworker put the two together.

Ben was working with the kid on homework yesterday. He got home and came up to me and said, "Dad, I just have to say thank you for putting up with me through all that homework and I'm sorry it was so hard. I think I'm starting to understand what I put you through."

Nice. Ben is a good kid you got there Jon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom