::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I walked back in the kitchen...and it was flickering again. With the power turned off from the breaker.

I unscrewed the one that was flickering, and the other one started flickering.

Apparently, it's a light bulb issue. We had LED lights in that fixture. I put regular ones in now.

Ta da! All fixed.

Perhaps a capacitor in the led light discharging?

See now, I only go to the Big Island, so shizz like that doesn't bother me.

Ever watch NCIS? Supposed to be Washington DC. Shot in SoCal. I'm always amused to see mountains in the background. That ain't DC.
Dexter was filmed about 5 miles from me and was supposed to be Florida.

Sukie and Jon. My heart is breaking for the both of you. This stuff is the hardest stuff to get through. I'm so sorry. You both know I am thinking about you daily and sending my support as best I can. I love you both.

So, um.

The light in the kitchen? Both lightbulbs are flickering...with the light switch turned off.

Should I be worried?

You either have a dying switch or a short in the wall. Turn.off breaker and replace switch NOW. There is a risk of fire in the wall.

Today we had our traditional "I can't wait for Thanksgiving" turkey dinner. It was wonderful! I'm looking forward to having turkey sandwiches later....

YUGE air show right over my house this weekend. My windows are rattling.

People may dis Des Moines but they shouldn't. It's a pretty nice city. Good restaurants. Last night we started at Django. Oysters for $1.00!!!! And martinis for $5! Love happy hour. We liked it so much we are going back tonight for dinner. Unfortunately they don't have happy hour on Saturday. We had dinner last night at an Italian place. Also pretty good. Today we stopped at a fancy-schmancy bakery. This weekend seems to be about the food.

We are quite frustrated with Avis's care. She needs a certain pill which we are told can only be given to her if she is in the hospital. WTF? Then we are told this drug is not at any pharmacy in the Des Moines area because it can only be purchased in a set of 15 pills. They won't stock it because it has a short shelf-life. Okay.....so my BIL does a little google-foo and learns the shelf life is 4 years. Seems long to me, but what do I know? So let's just put her in the hospital so she can run up a huge bill? Fu**ers. Then last night Avis says she doesn't maybe want the med. what did I think? Nope. I won't play God. I told her she would have to make that decision herself. (Which I hope she chooses. I can't see her ever leaving her bed again. She has a compression fracture in her back and won't move. She gets weaker every day. Bah! I hope I get hit by a truck or something.)

There. I feel better. I am not really allowed to speak my peace/piece (?), Paul gets upset

Yep. It's hard to be an in-law. My family has been pretty reasonable through the 3 recent deaths. (Except my not-quite-stable niece who was mad at me for my "luxury European vacation" walking across Spain.) On Mrs Pere's side I may have opinions, but they are not welcome. In fact, were my opinions to be asked it could be taken as a sign of the apocalypse. Mostly I'm the venting audience for Mrs Pere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom