::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Stephen went to work today? Hope he is safe and warm and avoiding icy conditions!

Switching jobs as a teacher is very complicated.

Not all your years of service transfer for one thing and that's huge. You could have 20 years experience and the new school might only give you credit for 7, so here you are a 20 year veteran starting at 7th year pay. And then there's your retirement which could be affected depending on how your state works, and it will definitely be affected by your new pay rate. Insurance could change. There's a whole bunch of factors that keep teachers trapped in a school.

Just saying it's not that easy.

But your health and well being are way more important than money or seniority. Sometime reinventing yourself is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family.

But your health and well being are way more important than money or seniority. Sometime reinventing yourself is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family.

We did luck out. After 8 yrs plus if searching. Although the insurance is not as good but the pay is better and more affordable to live and also closer to family.

We did luck out. After 8 yrs plus if searching. Although the insurance is not as good but the pay is better and more affordable to live and also closer to family.

For example today I had to be at work in the city at 9am. So my MIL came and I left by 8 to make it on time.

When I graduated high school community college cost $5.00 for registration fees and San Jose State's tuition was $67.00 a semester. What government and Universities have done to college fees is despicable and unnecessary. We're way too top heavy in the way we regulate education and we have too much profiteering off the students.

Yep. When I went to Orange Coast College it cost me $5 for everything and I had full access to the health clinic. When my son went it was $68 a credit.

Ever hear of cabins? I slept out on the field one night last year. Cured me completely of the romantic notion of camping. Of course it could have been the Fireball's fault.

Sukie walking around the field drinking from a handle. It was awesome!

I co-wrote a book on the use of games in learning--I wrote the chapters on story-based simulation. Aren't you sorry you asked? :)

Okay that’s boring but much more acceptable.

Jon, you must post a pic of the other authors book that used to visit here. PLEASE! He’s been gone long enough, we can make fun of him meow.

So yesterday I drove to town and back twice with the roof open on the Jeep.
This is in addition to driving to the North Shore Sunday (and back) with the roof off, and going to the beach Sunday.
My forehead is aglow.
My boss is probably going to think I did not do much work from home yesterday.

And now I am looking at Jeep Renegade 4x4s with removable roof panels...

Wrangler Unlimiteds are too thirsty and really not enjoyable to drive.
Wondering how it is that my Dakota drove so much nicer than the Wrangler despite being made by basically the same company, identical wheel and tire size, and similar off-road capability.

All I want is something with a rigid removable roof,
4x4 to park on the sand, and a small motor.
i miss my old CJ5 sooo bad, it’s been 34 years. One day I will buy another.

Okay that’s boring but much more acceptable.

Jon, you must post a pic of the other authors book that used to visit here. PLEASE! He’s been gone long enough, we can make fun of him meow.

Was that one another that caused some controversy with family members joining in??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom