::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4490.jpgthats him second from the left. He was being presented with the General George S. Patton award for demonstrating outstanding achievement in military skills during training and consistently attaining high scores on every military requirement.

Yeah, my kid is smart. I'm so glad he applied himself and was recognized for it. I am amazed at the changes in four short months. He has gained so much confidence in himself.

I can't stop crying I'm so happy.

View attachment 101365thats him second from the left. He was being presented with the General George S. Patton award for demonstrating outstanding achievement in military skills during training and consistently attaining high scores on every military requirement.

Yeah, my kid is smart. I'm so glad he applied himself and was recognized for it. I am amazed at the changes in four short months. He has gained so much confidence in himself.

The spacing is off for the guys on the right side. The drill sgt should be shouting at them.

Oddest customs encounter this trip happened leaving Thailand. They X-rayed my carry on bag, set it aside, called me over and asked,
"Do you have a book?",
I said "a book?",
"yes, a book",
"yes",
speaking to other customs agent "It's a book, OK"

Doesn't anyone read books anymore?

;) That's funny! Funny and sad at the same time . . .

View attachment 101365thats him second from the left. He was being presented with the General George S. Patton award for demonstrating outstanding achievement in military skills during training and consistently attaining high scores on every military requirement.

Wow! That's quite an accomplishment! The military is sort of picky, you know! Bravo!

However, Jan - you non-FBers only get to look at them sideways.

It's ok, Carrot Boy! At least we get to look at them! Besides, I know a little trick: I just turn my laptop on its side! How smart is that! :p;)

The spacing is off for the guys on the right side. The drill sgt should be shouting at them.

That was bugging me too, ha ha!

The entire company standing in 95 degree 100 percent humidity weather for an hour mostly at attention, sometimes parade rest. I am a hawkeye for formation watching. I didn't see one flinch. And there were bugs too. Not one twitch.

Have you all ever heard of this guy? (I'm sure you probably have.). I just found him looking for campanella stuff. He can play that uke!

I was relieved our seats were covered.

I don't know how those people train in that weather in full gear often carrying 65 lb packs and walking 20 miles a day. It's insane.

I was relieved our seats were covered.

I don't know how those people train in that weather in full gear often carrying 65 lb packs and walking 20 miles a day. It's insane.

And like you said - the bugs! Ugh! I would not make it!

I can tell you are really overjoyed, so glad it is working for him.

Oddest customs encounter this trip happened leaving Thailand. They X-rayed my carry on bag, set it aside, called me over and asked,
"Do you have a book?",
I said "a book?",
"yes, a book",
"yes",
speaking to other customs agent "It's a book, OK"

Doesn't anyone read books anymore?

My other odd customs encounter was going through the main customs gate when I entered the states in Newark.
I walk up to the young customs guy, he says "Hey dude" and say "Hi, this is my wife and son" (behind me) and hand him 3 passports.
He says, "Just the 3 of you?"
"Yes"
"Ok, straight out" and stamps our passports.
"Do we go through that X-ray area?"
" No, it's cool"
Incredible fast and casual.

My other odd customs encounter was going through the main customs gate when I entered the states in Newark.
I walk up to the young customs guy, he says "Hey dude" and say "Hi, this is my wife and son" (behind me) and hand him 3 passports.
"Yes"
" No, it's cool"

I have been pulled off to the side as I was getting on a plane and hand padded down after going through security. Glad it went well for you.

"Yes"
" No, it's cool"

Coming back from Australia in 2013 RL Kid locked up outside of Customs. He was pretty responsive to uniforms. We asked a passing Customs officer to help. He walked us to the head of a line. The Immigration agents said, "Welcome home," and that was that. Sometimes that kid is pure grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom