::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Mike I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. End of an era...that's exactly how my siblings and I felt when we sold the folks place. It's heartbreaking. I still haven't driven by the place. I just can't.

As for your mom, you know what needs to be done to make her more comfortable. Is she ready to go? If not, step up if you think it's needed. Get her walking, chest percussions, tell them to knock off the sedation.

Who in the family has control of her care? Is there someone assigned to her health care? I think the family nurse (you) should be making the medical decisions.

It's just this: in retrospect I don't regret stepping up to my older siblings at all and asking questions about my folks and being pro-active in the decisions regarding their healthcare. And we are all so thankful my sis Patti, a nurse, was there to help us make medical decisions.

Just my 2 cents....off the soapbox Sally.

My good sister is in charge of the healthcare, she is a nurse too and more knowledgeable than me. Since I live 2+ hours away and am not there everyday, I don't feel like I can stir the pot too much. It's a fine line with the nursing home, the place is really nice, if we complain too much they might kick her out because of her behavior.

I did? What happened? Where? I didn't see it...

Aw, ignore them. I've been accused of that, too, but it's still working, isn't it? Besides, if we do break it, I'm sure our mighty leader, Carrot Boy, can fix it!:p

All hail Carrot Boy!! :D

My good sister is in charge of the healthcare, she is a nurse too and more knowledgeable than me. Since I live 2+ hours away and am not there everyday, I don't feel like I can stir the pot too much. It's a fine line with the nursing home, the place is really nice, if we complain too much they might kick her out because of her behavior.

True and good nursing homes are hard to find. When you do find them, there's usually a long waiting list.

When's your birthday, Carrot Boy? I want you to hurry up and get an Instant Pot! I had pork chops and potatoes again last night. YUM! So easy, too! This time I used some different seasonings.

When's your birthday, Carrot Boy? I want you to hurry up and get an Instant Pot! I had pork chops and potatoes again last night. YUM! So easy, too! This time I used some different seasonings.

August 26...you'll have to wait a bit to live vicariously through me.

Hm . . . my birthday is August 11th. I'm only 15 days older than you (plus a lot of years!!)

Forget a birthday. I vote for a birthmonth!!

Maybe the smell from my Instant Pot will waft your way until you get your IP. Want me to mail you a pork chop? :D

Hm . . . my birthday is August 11th. I'm only 15 days older than you (plus a lot of years!!)

Maybe the smell from my Instant Pot will waft your way until you get your IP. Want me to mail you a pork chop? :D

My lovely bride's birthday is the 11th.

I mailed Sukie a zucchini once.

They had a crazy good deal on an Instant Pot for Prime day yesterday. Jon, do you want me to send you the next time one goes on sale? I got mine new for like $70 or something...

They had a crazy good deal on an Instant Pot for Prime day yesterday. Jon, do you want me to send you the next time one goes on sale? I got mine new for like $70 or something...

I gave Sheryl the idea, so it's up to her. But she's a "never buy retail" sort of person, so I'm not too worried about it. If I don't get it for my birthday I might start looking myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom