::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta remember. We're a thousand miles or more from any proper body of water. When a nice piece of fish shows up at the store ya gotta go for it. This was a lucky find, sockeye salmon fresh never frozen.

I'd be happy to eat mahi-mahi or ono off the day boat. But even catfish is frozen here.

I see your point.
I always laugh about Maine lobster here.
Sure our lobsters don't have claws, but YUM!

My brother in law has a boat. I ask him about fishing.
He says just go to the marina and fish with $20 bills. Guaranteed fresh catch!

Imodium really isn't a good idea unless you are traveling or something and need to plug things up. There is good reason your body wants that stuff out of you.

Don, I'd suggest some rice soup, usually stays down and replaces some liquids.
good points. But it does work when you just can't slow down.

When I had salmonella it took 5 days just to start feeling better. The doctor told me it could be up to 3 months before I was completely back to normal (thankfully it was much less than that).

Ugh. That's terrible. It just seems like he's been dealing with this a long time.

I had a blood draw today (4 vials!) and a urinalysis to boot. I filled the specimen jar to the top and was tempted to ask for another one. Mini-Kidney is small but feisty.

3 big, 2 small AND a pee cup. My twice a year rountine for the doc, he's checking all sorts of crap. I wolfed down nuts, cheese, a banana, and water on my way to work. Regularly I'd want a full meal before 3 back to back massages, and drawing blood can make me feel wonky (I used to have severe anemia) but there was no time. I made it thru work, went home, showered and changed and we went out for Shabu Shabu. I inhaled my meal, came home and crashed for 3 hours.

Girardia took me down for an entire summer once.

I guess I've never had real food poisoning and I've never had Girardia. Once the bad food passes I'm back on my feet. That sounds terrible.

I can't remember ever having the real flu either. You know the kind that makes you want to sleep for 10 days. Mike's always talking about getting a flu shot but until it hits me I'm going to avoid the shot. And there's so many different strains to get. The shot just seems like a crap shoot.

And speaking of food poisoning.

I was just doing a demo for my class on "dredging" and I was making myself tonkatsu (breaded pork cutlet) that I was going to have for lunch. When I opened the package I could immediately smell an off odor and the meat was a little "sticky." Not quite slimy but sticky. I tossed it.

So bummed!
Better safe than sorry. I sometime just rinse the meat, but pork can be very bad when it's bad.

Just think all the calories you saved by not eating that deep fried pig.

Next time when they offer you the little specimen cup say, "Um...do these come in pints?"

When I opened the little door to deposit my cup the cupboard was full. There were 7 specimens already in there. Yuck!

Any good surf?

Big stuff happening down here. 5 to 10 and higher in parts of the southland the news said. Peeps are sandbagginglike crazy. Stopped by Home Depot today. The store was sandbagging the entrance. It's been raining since 9am and high winds up to 25mph. Supposed to continue until tomorrow. Blowing crap all over the place. Hubby took today off so he wouldn't have to deal with the freeways on a Friday leading into a three day weekend. It's been a mess everywhere.

Watching the news. Geez there's a sink hole in a neighborhood in Studio City that ate two cars. The 5 freeway and the 110 freeway are closed down. A fire truck parked on the 15 helping people went over the edge when the freeway washed away. Another guy died when a downed tree took out a power line and it landed on his car.

I'm staying home tomorrow.

A very happy and healthy new day to all.

Sally hunker down. Don't get washed away.

When I had salmonella it took 5 days just to start feeling better. The doctor told me it could be up to 3 months before I was completely back to normal (thankfully it was much less than that).

I'm thinking this may be what I had. Thankfully, I feel much better today. So far, so good! I was able to enjoy our Founder's Day visit to Bok Tower, and went the whole day yesterday without....issues. I still didn't feel great, but at least my system had calmed down.

Today I feel even better, and this morning I had a normal breakfast. We're doing laundry at the moment, and then will be off to the annual Softball Club picnic. There will be a couple hundred people there, probably, and everyone brings a dish to pass....

I'm thinking this may be what I had. Thankfully, I feel much better today. So far, so good! I was able to enjoy our Founder's Day visit to Bok Tower, and went the whole day yesterday without....issues. I still didn't feel great, but at least my system had calmed down.

Today I feel even better, and this morning I had a normal breakfast. We're doing laundry at the moment, and then will be off to the annual Softball Club picnic. There will be a couple hundred people there, probably, and everyone brings a dish to pass....

Oh, a good chance for another round of Salmonella then?

Did you guys hear about the Polk County wildfire, here in central Florida? It's been burning since Wednesday, and has now consumed over 2,000 acres and over 100 structures, including over a dozen homes.

That's only about 2 or 3 miles from here. We've had lots of smoke, but no fire or damage, here. It's been very, very dry this year....

Last edited:
PoHoMoJo, please. I am having a really rough morning. Last week at this time I was letting Ellie go. I miss her so much. Saturdays were our time together. I want her back.

I need to write a sermon for tomorrow, so I'd appreciate the MoJo.

PoHoMoJo, please. I am having a really rough morning. Last week at this time I was letting Ellie go. I miss her so much. Saturdays were our time together. I want her back.

MoJO sent, Jan. Can Ellie be your muse (mews?) for your sermon?

PohoMoJo

May you be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom