::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha anything but no I have been going to a bluegrass bands practices and played my banjo Uke and I said if you need any help or whatever I am offering and the guy said consider yourself in the band

Congrats Veep. It sounds fun.

That's great news Stephen. So catch me up, are you still living in Texas or did you go back to OK with your folks? What are their plans?

That's great news Stephen. So catch me up, are you still living in Texas or did you go back to OK with your folks? What are their plans?

I am still in Texas my folks are here as well my dad still doesn't have a job yet so we are living with grandpa for now. My dad's looking at substitute teaching for a little income till a church comes he has 3 looking at him here in the US.

Big ukulele day today . . .

Morning - Ukin' with the oldies
Afternoon - James Hill workshop
Evening - James Hill and Anne Janelle concert

I am still in Texas my folks are here as well my dad still doesn't have a job yet so we are living with grandpa for now. My dad's looking at substitute teaching for a little income till a church comes he has 3 looking at him here in the US.

So they won't be going back to Australia?

Doctors appointment for Penny and I; just check ups. 9am. I think we're the first ones here. It's quiet and no lines.

When I opened the little door to deposit my cup the cupboard was full. There were 7 specimens already in there. Yuck!

For some reason our labs have done away with the deposit doors - you have to walk your cup down the hall where there's a rack - thankfully, they never let samples build up in the rack. But I still hate taking my pee for a walk.

I'm thinking this may be what I had. Thankfully, I feel much better today. So far, so good! I was able to enjoy our Founder's Day visit to Bok Tower, and went the whole day yesterday without....issues. I still didn't feel great, but at least my system had calmed down.

Today I feel even better, and this morning I had a normal breakfast. We're doing laundry at the moment, and then will be off to the annual Softball Club picnic. There will be a couple hundred people there, probably, and everyone brings a dish to pass....

When I had salmonella I felt so horrible I went to urgent care (I normally never do that for a stomach thing). The doctor did the necessary labs and provided some comfort measures. Two days later they called back and said it was positive for salmonella and to come get Cipro. I did...but I also read up on the course of the illness and decided that, knowing Cipro can make a person feel ill just due to the destruction of the natural gut flora, I decided to ride it out.

I saw my regular doctor three days later for a followup. She asked how the Cipro was going and I said I decided not to take it. She said, "What? You're shitting your brains out! Take the Cipro!" I responded, "Well...after reading up on it, I figure I have about three more days to s** my brains out before it starts getting better. But Cipro could have me shitting my brains out for another seven days. So I decided I'd rather s** my brains out for another three days rather than another seven."

She stared at me for a second and said, "Point taken," and went on with the exam.

She was the best doctor ever - she moved to the other side of the city to a clinic I really don't like. I switched docs last month - new guy seems really good, but doesn't have the black sense of humor like my old doc had.

What about Australia? Didn't you say there was a possibility of a 2-year stint next time? Is that going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom