::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our indoor cats got out last night. He alerted Mike he wanted back in by planting himself on the window screen at 4am near mikes side of the bed. Of course he didn’t find the backdoor when Mike got up to open it. 30 minutes later Mike and the cat went thru the same routine; this time the cat found the open door.

I blissfully slept through all of it.

We changed the door knob on our front door yesterday, the dog had the last one figured out. We'd come home and the front door would be wide open, the house cold and the dog sleeping peacefully on the bathroom tile.

We changed the door knob on our front door yesterday, the dog had the last one figured out. We'd come home and the front door would be wide open, the house cold and the dog sleeping peacefully on the bathroom tile.
Hahahahaha!
She's something.

Another story.

On Thursdays I clean the school in the afternoon. The back of the school is a parking lot with a shared alley with a couple apartment complexes. With a recent building improvement our dumpster got moved to right next door to our backdoor. This has caused me some frustration, people are pigs and pile trash next to it. I’m forever cleaning up crap there. It makes our backdoor area very unsavory at times. Dog owners that are too lazy to walk to the dumpster and throw their poop bags towards the bin and miss, hitting the back of our building and breaking open. People dumping furniture constantly.
Well the other night after cleaning the school I opened the back door to take out the trash, there was a large delivery truck parked there and a guy was pissing on my dumpster. I freaked out on him. I just started yelling, “REALLY?” I kept yelling that at him. He tried to apologize (after he zipped up) and I wasn’t about to accept. He actually said that a guy from the apartments told him it was okay to piss there, he did it all the time. I said, so that makes it okay to piss on the backdoor of a school? I told him all he had to do was knock on the door of any of the businesses in the complex and someone would let him use a toilet. I tore the guy a new one; I was a crazy woman. He even promised he’d never do it again, and I replied, “I’ll make sure you don’t!”

I spent the next hour in the office tracking down his boss, (the truck was clearly marked). I told his boss I didn’t care if he got fired but pissing in public at the backdoor of a business is unacceptable and against the law. There’s a huge grassy area not 20 feet away he could have used. His boss was VERY nice and apologetic to me.

Wow. That is crazy - I'm glad you went nutso on him and called his boss. NOBODY should ever consider it to take a leak outside if they're not deep in the forest with no other people around.

One of our indoor cats got out last night. He alerted Mike he wanted back in by planting himself on the window screen at 4am near mikes side of the bed. Of course he didn’t find the backdoor when Mike got up to open it. 30 minutes later Mike and the cat went thru the same routine; this time the cat found the open door.

I blissfully slept through all of it.

I usually do a decent job of sleeping through Kodi's barking. He is a stubborn thing - when he barks in the morning one of us will go let him out to do his business, then put him back in his kennel and go back to bed. Often he'll bark until it's time to get up after that (7:00) but when he gets put back it's with toys and treats - he just wants to play. THIS stuff I can usually sleep through. Annie joining us in bed (especially because she snuggles up to ME) means no more sleep. But she's sweet then, so I give it a pass.

She really likes the cold!!!

Wow. That is crazy - I'm glad you went nutso on him and called his boss. NOBODY should ever consider it to take a leak outside if they're not deep in the forest with no other people around.

Or in your own backyard.

People are pigs. Katie is in management at Nordstrom’s Rack. More than once she’s had to clean up a pile of poop in the changing rooms. She’s seen children puke in her store in an aisle and gone to clean it up, the parent just grabs the kid and walks away. Not even a thank you or apology. They just keep shopping.

During your time in banking did you see the effects of online services in the branch? Fewer customers, more technical questions about using the apps? I read an article the day before yesterday about how online banking is impacting the in-person experience - did you notice it?

Absolutely. That is why I was hired as a teller/personal banker. My manager told me when she was a teller she only had time to handle day to day transactions and count cash. People do not go to the bank as often as before and when they do it is often because they want personal attention to solve a problem. I could do everything a full time banker could do except loans. But I could still go over rates with you and discuss what your best option would be before you even saw the banker.
Online security was always a concern and it was not unusual to spend time with customers explaining how to prevent fraud or telling them what to look out for. Our regular customers really liked having personal attention.

I can picture you working in hotel management or maybe a wedding planner.
I think almost all of my jobs I end up being trained for leadership or management. Wedding planner sounds interesting. I have never thought about that before

Banking is a solid career path.
Typically they have good benefits and generous 401(k) match, plus when you are ready to buy a home you get better rates and sometimes no closing costs.
Check out credit unions too.

I miss my 401k
It was free money and I earned a decent amount from the mutual funds while I had it.

I was working in banking when online banking was brand new. We pushed people to.use it because it is "so convenient" but I am sure the reality all along was to be able to reduce the amount of human staff needed at branches. We did notice that we had to add more people to our call center staff, as most people would try to do whatever online, get frustrated, and call us,
then just do whatever they needed to do over the phone.
FYI Nanilei still cannot use her Bank of Hawaii app because they have a typo in her address. It will not verify. We have been trying to get it sorted for quite some time now.

That is frustrating. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I think it will be fun. The one time I met his mom we held hands and chatted about why the kids weren’t married yet. I’m sure when the dads met they didn’t chat much. They are both men of few words.

That is nice you all can meet. I don't think that will happen for us, but I'm okay with it.

I took two years of Spanish in high school. I live in Southern California. I spent my summers as a kid in Baja. I have no excuse; I should speak Spanish.

I took 2 years of french in high school. My senior year I had to choose between French 3 and Band, so I took Spanish. Beginner Spanish and beginner French are very similar. I barely learned anything and would often think of the French word first before the Spanish word. I studied French again in college too. When I started learning Spanish I would still think French before Spanish even though it has been years since I studied it. Now I don't that as often but I still mix up Il and El all the time.

Another story.

On Thursdays I clean the school in the afternoon. The back of the school is a parking lot with a shared alley with a couple apartment complexes. With a recent building improvement our dumpster got moved to right next door to our backdoor. This has caused me some frustration, people are pigs and pile trash next to it. I’m forever cleaning up crap there. It makes our backdoor area very unsavory at times. Dog owners that are too lazy to walk to the dumpster and throw their poop bags towards the bin and miss, hitting the back of our building and breaking open. People dumping furniture constantly.
Well the other night after cleaning the school I opened the back door to take out the trash, there was a large delivery truck parked there and a guy was pissing on my dumpster. I freaked out on him. I just started yelling, “REALLY?” I kept yelling that at him. He tried to apologize (after he zipped up) and I wasn’t about to accept. He actually said that a guy from the apartments told him it was okay to piss there, he did it all the time. I said, so that makes it okay to piss on the backdoor of a school? I told him all he had to do was knock on the door of any of the businesses in the complex and someone would let him use a toilet. I tore the guy a new one; I was a crazy woman. He even promised he’d never do it again, and I replied, “I’ll make sure you don’t!”

I spent the next hour in the office tracking down his boss, (the truck was clearly marked). I told his boss I didn’t care if he got fired but pissing in public at the backdoor of a business is unacceptable and against the law. There’s a huge grassy area not 20 feet away he could have used. His boss was VERY nice and apologetic to me.
How disgusting!

There was just a commercial about how our phones are trackers.

Recently my SIL used hers to check on her daughter, who is 27. It started when my brother got a phone call from a man that said someone had their daughter. There was a girl screaming and weeping in the background that could have been Cathy. He told my brother to go to a certain gas station. My SIL tracked her and then called her while my brother was talking to the man. She showed up near her work so my SIL called her and she was fine.

They reported it. It was some type of scam.
Yep. We had training at the bank about those scams. I had a customer who was convinced her granddaughter needed money to pay her bond. She had never been arrested and was at work. The scammers knew a lot about the family.

I like to see outside. I used to pee in bottles all the time. Sometimes as I drive I wish I had pee bombs to throw at people that make me mad

Once a pee bombs fell out of a FedEx truck that I didn't know about and someone called in a complaint on me. Crazy thing is I had another driver with me and they described us as the short port guy and skinny guy. I of course denied any use of pee bombs at all.

Or in your own backyard.

People are pigs. Katie is in management at Nordstrom’s Rack. More than once she’s had to clean up a pile of poop in the changing rooms. She’s seen children puke in her store in an aisle and gone to clean it up, the parent just grabs the kid and walks away. Not even a thank you or apology. They just keep shopping.

When I worked for Speedway men would pee in the trash instead of the toilet. We had to remove the baby changing stations because my manger found out they were being used to cut drugs. And 2 times my shift leader found poop in the soda closet when he went to change a BIB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom