::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of rain in Northern California...
Growing up in Southern California, yes most schools had a gym, that was where we went to play Dodge Ball when it rained. :D
In PE (this is somewhat tony Newport Beach remember) most activities were outdoor - the usual football/baseball/basketball but also water polo and tennis.
My favourite elementary school which I did not get to attend was RIGHT ON THE BEACH. They actually paved a large area of the sand so the kids would have a blacktop to play basketball and tetherball and hopscotch etc at recess.
That blacktop was basically all the kids' beachside roller skating rink in the summer.
I have seen some schools in Hawaii like that too.

I've seen that school. My junior high was two blocks from the sand.

Oh and all the junior highs and high schools have surf teams.

James' school basketball coach is an idiot.

She calls off practice and expects us to just be able to run over and pick our kids up after saying that practices would be held rain or shine (if it rains they are supposed to go over plays and such in the cafeteria) until 4:00pm. I've made arrangements with daycare accordingly.

It's because of her dumbass James was left at school one day. She never communicated a schedule to the parents but she "told the kids."

I really dislike her.

No sense of responsibility.

Unacceptable, and she could have found a sub and had them run drills instead of inconveniencing a couple dozen people. Have you talked to the school?

Lots of rain in Northern California...
Growing up in Southern California, yes most schools had a gym, that was where we went to play Dodge Ball when it rained. :D
In PE (this is somewhat tony Newport Beach remember) most activities were outdoor - the usual football/baseball/basketball but also water polo and tennis.
My favourite elementary school which I did not get to attend was RIGHT ON THE BEACH. They actually paved a large area of the sand so the kids would have a blacktop to play basketball and tetherball and hopscotch etc at recess.
That blacktop was basically all the kids' beachside roller skating rink in the summer.
I have seen some schools in Hawaii like that too.

I remember indoor recess for weeks because of the cold, then one cold day they'd seem to make an arbitrary decision to let us out and we'd all stand around in the cold like prison inmates. Indoor recess was always weird, it took a week or so to get used to it. It always just seemed like an extended tornado drill or something.

I remember indoor recess for weeks because of the cold, then one cold day they'd seem to make an arbitrary decision to let us out and we'd all stand around in the cold like prison inmates. Indoor recess was always weird, it took a week or so to get used to it. It always just seemed like an extended tornado drill or something.
At my special ed school we rarely let the kids have outdoor recess. One of this schools benefits imo, for adults. Because nothing sucks as much as mandatory outdoor recess in February in Michigan.

I HATED indoor recess. We would only do it if the rain was so heavy we'd get wet enough to be grumpy for the rest of the day. Being Oregonians, we tended to pooh pooh proper rain coats.

I booked a hotel room in Salem, Oregon, on August 16 so we can be there to view the total eclipse of the sun on the morning of the 17th. My family thinks I'm crazy. But this is an incredibly rare thing! Most people never get to see one - for me and Sheryl it will be our second!

There will be one in 2024, also, and we'll be in the perfect spot at our place in NY....

Elaine is watching one of her two favorite shows, neither one of which I care for. The Black List, and the (crap, I've forgotten the name of the other one).

Excellent opportunities to come to the library and PoHo....

Elaine is watching one of her two favorite shows, neither one of which I care for. The Black List, and the (crap, I've forgotten the name of the other one).

We are on Big Bang Theory. Hugo is passed the heck out after the excitement of obedience class.

The other one is the Blind Spot. Senior moment, there....

Small world. There are two tables of four, here in the library this evening, playing Hand and Foot, the card game we learned last night. And, the couple who taught us aren't among them.

Each four player game uses six full decks of cards, including all of the jokers....

So I got the good deal finally on my 7.9 gallon fermentor. Now time to brew some beers...just need to put them somewhere when I'm done

::stare:::

I really kid you, I just do it for fun now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom