::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A driver tried to tell me a better way to do my job today. I told him I did not need any mansplaining. I know what I'm doing.

I try to tell them at work what to do but they don't listen. Then they do and say oh look this worked. I'm yea that's what I said.

We must be pretty desensitized to school/mass shootings.

I barely saw anything on that shooting in KY on social media.

Yeah, it was my first time, I’ve just been lucky, never had the flu as an adult.

I've only missed the shot once - in 2001. I started getting the flu on 9/11. I was home, cooped up by myself, sitting in front of the TV with the chills and a fever, and a constant stream of 9/11 coverage. My future wife was stuck on the East coast with her mom - they ended up driving home in their rental car. Longest week of my life.

I've only missed the shot once - in 2001. I started getting the flu on 9/11. I was home, cooped up by myself, sitting in front of the TV with the chills and a fever, and a constant stream of 9/11 coverage. My future wife was stuck on the East coast with her mom - they ended up driving home in their rental car. Longest week of my life.

Until maybe five years ago, I don't believe I ever had a flu shot. I've been getting them regular wing then. I don't foresee me not getting one every year from now on.

A driver tried to tell me a better way to do my job today. I told him I did not need any mansplaining. I know what I'm doing.

Mansplaining and what Sally did are pretty much the same thing. Sally invalidated anything Gary had to say on the subject. Basically confirmed that men aren't qualified to have frank discussions about women's anatomy by telling him to have Mika handle those questions.

YES, a woman has personal experience with that stuff, obviously. Maybe Gary wasn't technically correct in his answer - but he was functionally correct in answering James' question. A douche is a cleaning product meant for rinsing out a woman's insides - whether it makes it all the way to the uterus or not is not necessary to properly answer the question. If I was in Gary's place I probably would have added that it's a completely unnecessary and potentially harmful item - the human body can clean itself very well, thankyouverymuch, and all a douche really does is shove any relatively external germs higher up in the system where they can cause more mischief.

So anyway - telling a man he's not qualified to answer female anatomical questions is as bad as mansplaining.

I took a class last term at my new school that REALLY opened my eyes to all the different ways we can all show our bias.

I think it's a conspiracy by big pharma. Give the shot and maybe a few will get it and be able to make some $$$

Ken, don't make me reach through this damned computer and wring your scrawny little neck.

Until maybe five years ago, I don't believe I ever had a flu shot. I've been getting them regular wing then. I don't foresee me not getting one every year from now on.

Since I work for a healthcare company - and for a long time worked in a clinic (and then a hospital), it has been STRONGLY advised to get them. Plenty of flu patients walking through the place. The organization doesn't want US to give it to the patients, of course, but they also don't want patients to give it to US. Now I work in a strictly admin building, but it's still important to me.

Cancer.

My conspiracy theory is that we already have cures but it would kill a billions of dollars a year industry, so we treat it instead of cure it.

I need to go have lunch. You people are making my blood pressure go out of control.

Cancer.

My conspiracy theory is that we already have cures but it would kill a billions of dollars a year industry, so we treat it instead of cure it.

I don't believe that's correct. I hope and pray that is not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom