::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well how else do you explain up into the vagina? Not like you spritz the outside.

The uterus and vagina are two different places Gary. If a douche was to enter the uterus it would have to go thru the cervix. Unless you’re dilated it’s like a pinhole.

And by the way douches are totally unnecessary and can cause all sorts of problems. The vagina washes itself out naturally.

I've only missed the shot once - in 2001. I started getting the flu on 9/11. I was home, cooped up by myself, sitting in front of the TV with the chills and a fever, and a constant stream of 9/11 coverage. My future wife was stuck on the East coast with her mom - they ended up driving home in their rental car. Longest week of my life.
How awful. And there was no Netflix and chill back then.

Mansplaining and what Sally did are pretty much the same thing. Sally invalidated anything Gary had to say on the subject. Basically confirmed that men aren't qualified to have frank discussions about women's anatomy by telling him to have Mika handle those questions.

YES, a woman has personal experience with that stuff, obviously. Maybe Gary wasn't technically correct in his answer - but he was functionally correct in answering James' question. A douche is a cleaning product meant for rinsing out a woman's insides - whether it makes it all the way to the uterus or not is not necessary to properly answer the question. If I was in Gary's place I probably would have added that it's a completely unnecessary and potentially harmful item - the human body can clean itself very well, thankyouverymuch, and all a douche really does is shove any relatively external germs higher up in the system where they can cause more mischief.

So anyway - telling a man he's not qualified to answer female anatomical questions is as bad as mansplaining.

I took a class last term at my new school that REALLY opened my eyes to all the different ways we can all show our bias.

No. I let him say his piece. He was wrong, I corrected him.

Anytime I’ve been mansplained to it’s NEVER been because I asked. It’s ALWAYS told to you whether you wanted to hear it or not.

Two totally different things.

Cancer.

My conspiracy theory is that we already have cures but it would kill a billions of dollars a year industry, so we treat it instead of cure it.

We all have the cancer gene. It just waits for the opportunity to grow.

So this happened. . .

A priest friend of mine in New York was asking on Facebook about a picture of Jesus smoking a cigarette that was on t-shirts in the 60s. She wanted it for an essay she was writing. There were a variety of suggestions offered: pious Jesus with a cigarette photoshopped in, high contrast stencil, and so on. Me, being the wise ass that I am, suggested the Zig-Zag man. Turns out that was the image she was looking for, not Jesus at all. Total Holy Ghost thing.

View attachment 106137

That’s dope, Padre. Love it. (And yes, it has a double meaning)

No. I let him say his piece. He was wrong, I corrected him.

Anytime I’ve been mansplained to it’s NEVER been because I asked. It’s ALWAYS told to you whether you wanted to hear it or not.

Two totally different things.

I didn't say it was the same thing - I said it was as bad. You didn't "let him say his piece" - this is a forum where you couldn't have stopped him. What you did do is totally dismiss what he said and imply that he wasn't qualified to say it by telling him to leave those explanations to Mika. Gary was incorrect - yes. But all you had to say was, "a douche doesn't make it all the way to the uterus." Instead you told Gary to leave such explanations to women, because he's not qualified. Which, in essence, is what a mansplainer does when he tries to tell you about something uninvited as though you couldn't possibly be capable of knowing that information yourself. Different delivery method - same effect. It is the dismissal of another person based on the premise that their knowledge is inferior because of something inherent in their being - whether gender, race, ethnic origin...whatever.

I didn't say it was the same thing - I said it was as bad. You didn't "let him say his piece" - this is a forum where you couldn't have stopped him. What you did do is totally dismiss what he said and imply that he wasn't qualified to say it by telling him to leave those explanations to Mika. Gary was incorrect - yes. But all you had to say was, "a douche doesn't make it all the way to the uterus." Instead you told Gary to leave such explanations to women, because he's not qualified. Which, in essence, is what a mansplainer does when he tries to tell you about something uninvited as though you couldn't possibly be capable of knowing that information yourself. Different delivery method - same effect. It is the dismissal of another person based on the premise that their knowledge is inferior because of something inherent in their being - whether gender, race, ethnic origin...whatever.

Mansplain away Jon.

I’m just trying to save the kid from horrible embarrassment when in health class if douches come up he doesn’t blurt out, “they are made to clean out your uterus” and all the girls roll their eyes and laugh at him.

Mansplain away Jon.

I’m just trying to save the kid from horrible embarrassment when in health class if douches come up he doesn’t blurt out, “they are made to clean out your uterus” and all the girls roll their eyes and laugh at him.

Sigh. I'm not mansplaining anything Sally. I'm accusing you of using your privilege as a woman to invalidate Gary's attempt to have a frank discussion with his son by implying only his wife is qualified to do it. Men may hold most of the privilege in this world - but it's not exclusive, and you're trying to play that card in this case.

Sigh. I'm not mansplaining anything Sally. I'm accusing you of using your privilege as a woman to invalidate Gary's attempt to have a frank discussion with his son by implying only his wife is qualified to do it. Men may hold most of the privilege in this world - but it's not exclusive, and you're trying to play that card in this case.
Nope.

He gave his son a quick answer without thinking about it, I understand. But he’s had a kid, he knows you can’t wash out a uterus. So I responded that his wife might explain it better.

It goes clear to the uterus? Wow, that’s a powerful douche.

Send the kid to mom for these questions please.

Again. Leave the women questions to mom.

Nope.

He gave his son a quick answer without thinking about it, I understand. But he’s had a kid, he knows you can’t wash out a uterus. So I responded that his wife might explain it better.

You didn't respond that his wife might explain it better. You told him to leave the woman questions to mom.

Like Sally said, everyone - we're not fighting. You're all welcome to join me in letting her know she's wrong.

You didn't respond that his wife might explain it better. You told him to leave the woman questions to mom.

Like Sally said, everyone - we're not fighting. You're all welcome to join me in letting her know she's wrong.

Tim already did. Said women rarely know how their anatomy works. I guess I just live a charmed, informed, and privileged life.

Sorry Gary.

Tim already did. Said women rarely know how their anatomy works. I guess I just live a charmed, informed, and privileged life.

Sorry Gary.
'Tis true. Not all women are knowledgeable. I had a doctor in SF who had a baby while I was her patient. She got pregnant a month or two after having the baby because she thought if she was breastfeeding she would not get pregnant. A doctor???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom