::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehehe. I AM a nervous wreck, but it's because I'm transferring to a new school. The program at Marylhurst University has kind of fallen apart and the school is in financial trouble. My lead professors were laid off and while they promised everyone would be able to finish their degrees, there's no guarantee the program will continue beyond currently enrolled students.

I will be starting at Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado, in September. Same degree, but a much more financially solid (and recognized) school. It is also a United Methodist seminary, which is important now that our family has rejoined the United Methodist Church of my youth - I need to graduate from a UMC seminary to be ordained.

Anyway - I've been at Marylhurst for three years and it was a close-knit family. I'm heartbroken that they dumped my professors - they were absolute gems who put up with my teasing very well. They wrote the loveliest letters of recommendation to Iliff for me. There have been some tears....

Iliff has a very strong distance learning program; I will have to be on campus a minimum of three times a year (the 8 days in October will be the longest - most other visits will be 3 days); otherwise I can do the rest online and in conference calls. But I don't like change very much...and the whole thing had me really jittery.

Okay. That's not as bad as I thought. Best of luck at the new school, Jon....

Started working out at the YMCA.

Oh, and I have a backpacking trip scheduled for September. First one ever. In mountains. For 3-4 days. And I'm totally not in shape for it yet. Good thing I can workout at the Y....

Hey, Twibs! Welcome back!

Hehehehe. I AM a nervous wreck, but it's because I'm transferring to a new school. The program at Marylhurst University has kind of fallen apart and the school is in financial trouble. My lead professors were laid off and while they promised everyone would be able to finish their degrees, there's no guarantee the program will continue beyond currently enrolled students.

I will be starting at Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado, in September. Same degree, but a much more financially solid (and recognized) school. It is also a United Methodist seminary, which is important now that our family has rejoined the United Methodist Church of my youth - I need to graduate from a UMC seminary to be ordained.

Anyway - I've been at Marylhurst for three years and it was a close-knit family. I'm heartbroken that they dumped my professors - they were absolute gems who put up with my teasing very well. They wrote the loveliest letters of recommendation to Iliff for me. There have been some tears....

Iliff has a very strong distance learning program; I will have to be on campus a minimum of three times a year (the 8 days in October will be the longest - most other visits will be 3 days); otherwise I can do the rest online and in conference calls. But I don't like change very much...and the whole thing had me really jittery.

You are evil - worrying us like that! :mad:

So, how long until you are finished?

Woohoo! Got a mini.

So, I'm working on being healthier.

I haven't had a Dr. Pepper since May 11.

Working on cutting out more sugar. Would love to go low carb, but haha that's funny until our grocery budget increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom