::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Looks like Don Jr.

(No relation to Mailman.)

Hehehehe. I AM a nervous wreck, but it's because I'm transferring to a new school. The program at Marylhurst University has kind of fallen apart and the school is in financial trouble. My lead professors were laid off and while they promised everyone would be able to finish their degrees, there's no guarantee the program will continue beyond currently enrolled students.

I will be starting at Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado, in September. Same degree, but a much more financially solid (and recognized) school. It is also a United Methodist seminary, which is important now that our family has rejoined the United Methodist Church of my youth - I need to graduate from a UMC seminary to be ordained.

Anyway - I've been at Marylhurst for three years and it was a close-knit family. I'm heartbroken that they dumped my professors - they were absolute gems who put up with my teasing very well. They wrote the loveliest letters of recommendation to Iliff for me. There have been some tears....

Iliff has a very strong distance learning program; I will have to be on campus a minimum of three times a year (the 8 days in October will be the longest - most other visits will be 3 days); otherwise I can do the rest online and in conference calls. But I don't like change very much...and the whole thing had me really jittery.

Good luck Jon.

Theological education is going through hard times. The old paradigm is collapsing and no new vision has emerged. Scholarships are few. Many students feel so "called and special" that they impoverish themselves to reach ordination. (Denominations are counting on this.) Alums are not paid well so donations are low. They emerge into the non-profit world so there are few corporate donors. Institutions are closing, leaving tenured faculty unemployed. Nervous times.

In my denomination we've gone from 9 seminaries to 4 in the last ten years. Only one can be considered robust. It's amazing what a 170 year endowment can do.

In 50 years I imagine the Church will have the future figured out. Now it's all a blur. Perfect time for me to hang up my vestments.

AUGH! Not again!! :(

I couldn't help it. It was slippery and fell out of my hands . . .

:biglaugh:

So I played an ukulele I really want on Sunday. Please no spoilers from those who know,
trying to protect the seller until it is a done deal.
I think I need to let the Kamoa and the R & L go to make it happen. Never sold an instrument so I don't know where to begin. Anything I can get to defray the new one would be amazing but I hope I can get at least $600 for them,
that would make it happen. I will be losing $ but I definitely got my play time out of them.
I could probably get close to that for just my Pono seeing as it is a fine example that is no longer made but I cannot part with it, neither can I part with either of my Bader ukuleles. If I get this new one, the Kamoa would be largely redundant, it kind of already is. The R & L I just don't play enough, and I hope it will be enjoyed by someone else.

So I played an ukulele I really want on Sunday. Please no spoilers from those who know,
trying to protect the seller until it is a done deal.
I think I need to let the Kamoa and the R & L go to make it happen. Never sold an instrument so I don't know where to begin. Anything I can get to defray the new one would be amazing but I hope I can get at least $600 for them,
that would make it happen. I will be losing $ but I definitely got my play time out of them.
I could probably get close to that for just my Pono seeing as it is a fine example that is no longer made but I cannot part with it, neither can I part with either of my Bader ukuleles. If I get this new one, the Kamoa would be largely redundant, it kind of already is. The R & L I just don't play enough, and I hope it will be enjoyed by someone else.

Good luck on the sales!

So, James is a huge fan of first class flying. Especially after the pilot let him see the cockpit.

Had to tell him this was probably a one time thing. The upgrade was only $50.00

Oh.

I think a couple of raccoons are fighting in my backyard. Sounds like dos but I don't have dogs

So, James is a huge fan of first class flying. Especially after the pilot let him see the cockpit.

Had to tell him this was probably a one time thing. The upgrade was only $50.00

When we used to fly a lot I would sometimes get an offer to upgrade our seats - I think to/from Hawaii it was $270 for both of us. We took it a few times. Nanilei said I ruined her forever :D
We also got bumped once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom