::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO much! (Warning: For those of you who make take this defensively, please don't read judgment or such into these thoughts - these are just my quick thoughts that I will chew on for awhile and may alter as I think more - and they pertain to me - not to anyone else).

* The contrast between the ease of the city life (world's things) and the struggle of the wilderness living (God's things).
* The pull of the noise and distraction vs the wilderness experience with God.
* The difference between the haves and the have nots.
* The "modern, advanced" bustling life versus the calm respite of nature.
*The world's desire for more and more and nature's calm of just being.
* The realization that barrenness isn't always a bad thing.

Always on the boundaries, no? That's what is so hard for others to understand about the call. We confound ourselves too.

That calm respite of nature is hardly a safe place. 2 hours later and the sun would search out you faults. The trail is shared use, horses, bikes, and walkers. It calls for as much vigilance as retreat. I come alive on that path but I can't live there.

We start home on Tuesday; Going back the way we came.

"Retirement home" sounds so institutional.

And no. Mrs Pere knows what she wants, but we can't afford it and it's not on the market anyway.
"Knows what she wants....". That is exactly us. But standards can be changed.
You would get acclimated to the altitude in Flagstaff, ya know. It's kinda nice there.

Always on the boundaries, no? That's what is so hard for others to understand about the call. We confound ourselves too.

That calm respite of nature is hardly a safe place. 2 hours later and the sun would search out you faults. The trail is shared use, horses, bikes, and walkers. It calls for as much vigilance as retreat. I come alive on that path but I can't live there.

More theology for me to chew on . . .

It so good. People didn't want to do radon emisssion and give money for roof. We pulled out like a good Catholic.
I am so sorry. I hope you find something that you won't have to do so much work on.

We had storms last night. The internet came back on a few minutes ago.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

Cheyenne survived her groomer visit and her coat is soooooooooooo much nicer now. The older she gets, the longer it takes her undercoat to let go. So she wound up getting pretty matted along her spine, and got pretty pissy at me every time I tried to brush her. They worked miracles, lemme tell ya.

Guacamole and chips, hot dogs and baked beans for dinner. Yummy!

I intended to have jalapeno poppers as an appetizer, and started making them, but once I realized I needed bacon from the store and that it was getting late, I had to set them aside.

I'll finish making them after dinner, and have them with dinner tomorrow night (and Monday and Tuesday nights)....

I intended to have jalapeno poppers as an appetizer, and started making them, but once I realized I needed bacon from the store and that it was getting late, I had to set them aside.

I'll finish making them after dinner, and have them with dinner tomorrow night (and Monday and Tuesday nights)....

I'm working on increasing the quacamole/chip ratio. The guacamole is good for me, the chips, not so much. So, more guacamole per chip, I say!!

Cheyenne survived her groomer visit and her coat is soooooooooooo much nicer now. The older she gets, the longer it takes her undercoat to let go. So she wound up getting pretty matted along her spine, and got pretty pissy at me every time I tried to brush her. They worked miracles, lemme tell ya.

Did the lady come get the cat?

Sounds like you are enjoying a few days of bachelorhood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom