::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you...this hit way too close to home. And we were near the same age. Take care of yourselves, people!

And I'm really starting to fret about the Florida peeps. And my son.

I'm sorry to hear about Sally's friend Jay. It sounded as though he was busy buzzing about until his time ran out.

A bummer of a day for me.
Soo, you met our neighbor at the lake, my friend Jay? His grandfather and my grandfather built their cabins back in the 30's. Jay and I saw each other every summer growing up. I've known him my entire life. Heck, Jays dad and my mom dated in high school. We are as close to related as you can get without being blood.
Last December Jay had an aneurism near his heart operated on. It took him two long months to recover. When he came home, he quit his job, sold his house in Portland, moved to the lake full time, and had torn down his old cabin and was building his new retirement home. While we were there this summer, he had just had his new foundations poured and he had just started on the framing of the house. Two weeks ago he was waiting on the roof struts to be delivered. He fell and broke a rib. His cousins found him laid up in bed and called an ambulance. I don't know the details but something went wrong with his previous aneurysm operation and yesterday they operated on him. This morning he died. He was only 59.

I'm just so torn up. I'm a mess. I just can't believe he's gone. He was one of the most positive, happy, supportive persons you've ever met. Such a good kind soul. He's survived by his brother and mom. Marie is 93. I can't imagine what she's going through.

I'm hoping his memorial will be held after I get back from the cruise. I'd really like to attend. His dad had a small cannon. He always said he wanted to be cremated and shot out out of it over the lake, with glitter. He said there MUST be glitter. (His dad was scattered on the lake also.)

This is very sad Sally. I'm sorry. Peace for all who mourn.

Oh Damon.

Sukie doesn't appear to be here at the moment so I'll red letter you on her behalf.
Thank you, Jon.

We are sitting at the train station in Bayeux. Off to Paris in a few minutes. I just saw video from Miami. Yikes.

Yes Gary, I agree. That storm looks crazy scary. And the prep getting ready for it has people crazy. One peep on FB in particular. That persons not a member here but a Uke person. That persons fear has turned angry. People joking about the storm are not being tolerated.

Fear turns people nuts.
She needs to calm down. In my opinion.

Jon has experience in pregnancy massage, you know.

Oh my gosh, that's right. I LOVE that. Snork!

Soo, Jon happened to be down here once while a pregnancy class was having their practical finals at my school. We needed a body and Jon volunteered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom